Sign in to follow this  
Weasel00

Apps NOT to Move to SD Card

I have had some trial and error about moving apps to SD, so I thought I would start this thread to share the knowledge I have gained through this.

Fancy Widget -- Anything that has a widget should not on the SD Card at all.

Facebook for Android -- The app seems to work fine, but I had problems with the sync part.

I have had great success with moving apps to the SD Card with the exceptions of the ones I mentioned above. I currently have 51 downloaded apps and most of them are on the SD Card.

Jared

I don't Think the OP was talking about a a2sd script. Just the froyo appear on sd. Basically only moving apps that are coded to allow storage on sd.

I had issues with forcing apps to sd scripts as well. But stock froyo apps 2 sd card works great for me as well. Although all my apps are on the phone too. Cmtd

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Tapatalk

anything that pushes notifications can not be moved to SD (if you want notifications for that app that is.) so myyearbook, facebook, twitter, myspace and all the other social sites should go on the list.

If you want widgets to work, then you can't move the app to an SD card.

I'd also suggest any mission-critical app shouldn't go to the SD card. My SD card has been funky lately and every once in awhile I lose access to all my SD apps. After a reformat, I'm trying to go internal-only (though it's painful on a Desire ??? ). Also, SD-based apps aren't available when the SD card is mounted as external storage, so keep that in mind as well.