kallell

[ROM] Kal's Rom - YAAAY [Updated 7/3 6:05PM]

So, i've taken it upon myself to get more involved in Android development. This is the result. It's based off of the Hyperdrive rom, but I've done a fair amount of tweaking. This is based off of the v5 version (6/30). Please post any issues you find here. 

Changes

-Ported to USCC (duh)

-Updated install script

-Updated apns

-about 400 mbs of bloat removed

-removed many of the verizon references

-custom build.prop

-KT747 kernel (june 3)

-Provided optimized kernel settings for power and battery life 

-Crossbreeder built in

-Built in some apps to /data (IE nova launcher)

-Added internal sdcard/Userful Apps such as terminal emulator(must be installed)

-Custom boot animation

-1% battery mod

-Custom battery icons

-Debugging on by default

-Updated default wallpaper

-Disabled Annoying Device Security Pop-up

-Disabled setup crap (make sure you sign in to your google account at some point to get contacts/email/numbers etc.)

-Probably some stuff I probably forgot

Rom inclusions by default:

Full Galaxy S4 TW functionalities and apps
Stock S4 Theme
Full Multiwindow Enabled for all apps with Multiwindow Manager
Hyperdrive Control
HyperdriveOTA
Custom Rom Settings
Long Press Menu to Kill Current App
Added Wifi and Air Gesture Toggles
MMS app extended settings
-Scheduled Messaging, Group messaging
-Screen on/off messaging toggle
-Message vibration and Signature options
-Save/Restore Messages
-SMS 1000 recipient limit enabled
-SMS limit per hour increased
-Enabled Split-View Mode On/Off Toggle
-Increased Max MMS and Image Size
-Disable SMS-MMS Auto Conversion
Custom Hyperdrive 4-Way Reboot Menu
Extended Camera Settings
-Use Camera with low battery
-Use Camera while on a call
-Zoom/Shutter with Volume Keys
-Additional Shooting Mode Tweaks
-Higher Video and audio bit rate in camcorder
Browser Extended Settings
-Exit and Terminate Options added
Unplug doesn't turn on screen
Removed Full Battery Charge Notification
Removed GPS icon from status bar
Inverted Youtube with Screen off Playback and Tweaks
Removed Ongoing Wifi Notification
Removed Samsung and Verizon OTA updates No Increasing Ringtone in Phone
Galaxy Note 2 Features: - Torch Widget Unlocked Verizon Wifi Tethering Enabled A lot of Additional Rom Languages Sony Bravia Engine 360 degree rotation throughout all apps Removed ongoing notifications and annoying icons Muted Boot and Shutdown Sounds Fixes for OTG wakelock and Media Scanner drain My Hacked Touchwiz Launcher for insane speed Es File Explorer Awesome Note HD Popup Browser Resizable to ANY size Inverted Android 4.2 Keyboard Removed all Verizon Branding and Bloatware from rom Removed Trip advisor and Samsung Kies Removed all Amazon Apps and widgets
Custom V6 Supercharger Binaries
Battery Callibrator Binaries
Improved EXT4 Performance
Full GPU UI rendering
Custom init.d scripts for insane performance
Full set of Build.prop tweaks
Fully disabled Scrolling Cache in Framework
RAM Optimizations
Memory Optimizations
Network/Wifi Speed Enhancements
Sysctl Enhancements
Sqlite3 database Enhancements
Higher Video and playback rate
Better Image and Panorama Quality
Amazingly Smooth UI
Battery optimizations

Kernel Optimized Settings:

1 - Open ktweaker app >

2 - Click the restore prefs from sdcard button

3 - Select “Optimized Settings”)

V6 Supercharger (not sure if it helps or not)

1-open terminal emulator (for ease, install the one packaged in internal storage > Userful Apps

2-Type SU

3-Accept prompt

4-Type v6

5-follow guide

Xposed Framework

Using the Xposed App:
Run the Xposed Installer - Tap "install/Update".
Tap "Modules" and check the App Settings tickbox.
Reboot
Use the Xposed App Settings

Here are some settings you can use for xposed framework:

Youtube - 0 dpi, 800x1280, tablet unchecked
Chrome - 240 dpi, 800x1280, tablet checked
Settings - 200 dpi, 1000x1600. tablet checked (Reboot Required)

Hyperdrive main thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2301724

Todos:

-Remove Verizon Hotspot app

-Get this ported to official USC frame work fully

- 5% battery dim

-Power button shutter and volume zoom

-Remove system kies usb messages popup

-Remove backup assistant plus frome framework

-remove kies wifi from framework

-CM GPS icon

-Volume up sound

-More Debloating

-Clean up install script

Issues:

-??

Download:

V1.3 - http://upload.teamuscellular.com/LN

6-29(v2.0) - http://upload.teamuscellular.com/2T1

6-30(v2.0b) - http://upload.teamuscellular.com/2Tj

7-3(v2.0c) -http://upload.teamuscellular.com/2Ty

Install:

-Make yourself a nice little backup

-Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik

-install Rom (this may take a bit)

-Reboot (this may also take a bit)

-Profit

Changelog:

7-3

-Based on hyperdrive v5.7 (Jul 3)

-New Crossbreed (july 2)

-New kt747 (july 2)

-Blue icons

-Additional apps

-csc numbers stripped out

6-30 version (pending the Kal rom v2.0)

-Based on Hyperdrive v5 (June 30)

-New kt747 kernel (June 23)

-New Crossbreed (June 30)

-Added KT optimized settings

-Added back blue icons

-Modded some more stuff, not everything tweaked like in v1.3, didn't have time

6-29 version (pending the Kal rom v2.0)

-Based on Hyperdrive v4 (June 19)

-New kt747 kernel (June 23)

-New Crossbreed (May 23)

-Removed the automatic built in VZW customer service numbers

-Added KT optimized settings

-Added some various useful apps

-Modded some more stuff, not everything tweaked like in v1.3, didn't have time.

V1.3

-Updated Kernel to Latest

-Updated Crossbreeder to latest

v1.2b -

-Few more bloat things removed

-Phone numbers should no longer contain #

-Tether moved to internal sd > userful apps and should be installed manually. It was causing issues when i preinstalled it

-Updated the statusbar (transparent on home, clear on home)

-Blue icons

-Battery mod 1% should be fixed

-Build prop adjustments 

***If you have requests, comments, or suggestions feel free to let me know and I'll try to work it in.***

Edited by kallell

Wow. I must say I do like a nice detailed OP.  Well done sir.

As for the ROM, I shall try it.  If it does everything listed here, you may have hit a grand slam in your first pro at-bat...

great work on the rom and the OP. pinned, and will lock by request if you want to do the usual support thread thing.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

A few things wrong or atleast in my opinion. No way of switching to 3g. The option to turn lte off is no longer there and where im at sometimes 4g is slower than 3g so I like to be able to switch. High as you can OC it is 1944mhz or antutu crashes and the optimizing file on the sd card puts it at 1998mhz. Seems pretty stable but being antutu doesnt work with it that high im guessing its not completely stable. And lastly this is only scoring 18240 on antutu and OCed its running 20??? something. I know the deoxed debloaded rom with crossbreed is running 25???. I like this rom and im going to stick with it for now unless I find a major issue. Only been running it about 30min. But I really like it just filling you in on what ive noticed.

This Rom is amazing. And I'm working with kallell to make it even better

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I've noticed the 1% battery mod is causing a bit of issues, i'll fix that later today.

Also, for whatever reason, it seems upon first boot the screen wont dim. A reboot fixes that. 

Might just be me but tethering doesnt work. I turn it on and it just automatically turns back off. I just got my own house yesterday and dont have internet so ive been using tethering. I wonder if they will figure out I removed the tethering block being as I was watching 3d movies on netflix on my tv and internet on 2 computers plus wifi for another phone all at the same time. I think I used more data in just 8hrs than what a phone by itself can use in a few days.

I am not sure if Icon changer was supposed to work, but it force closes.

Which is okay, as it's my only complaint so far, and that's only because this modded TW launcher is just so fluid that I want to resist using nova, and them icons are the only thing wrong.

It's very fluid with great battery life.. good release, my friend.

Love the release, but I was plagued all day today with an issue in sending SMS messages (with great signal, across reboots). I started the day sending 3, but only 2 made it out (starting at 7am EDT), I had to give up by 1pm due to frustrations of not being able to reply to recent messages. Not sure the deal there, but it was running great until then. Additionally, I couldn't get Seeder to get a fix on the RNG. 

Hey guys,

I should have something today yet. 

I figured out the wifi thing (not the mobile hotspot, but getting the app to work), i've updated the phone list to remove those dumb # shortcuts, updated the battery !% mod to work and made some cool blue modifcations/transparencies, updated the build.prop, cleaned up some more apps...plus some more stuff. I really want to get my fix in for removing that annoying keies messaging before i upload a new version however.

I'm not sure about the messaging currently, has anyone else gotten that issue?

As for entropy, that's built in the rom itself via crossbreeder - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2113150

Edit*

I also think i found the weird ass screen timeout upon first install. For whatever effing reason, it looks like samsung packed in some code specifically for USC, which i don't understand in the slightest.

Not that many of you care, but here's the code -- somewhat decompiled to java (it's not perfect, and you CANNOT edit this)

if (Settings.System.getInt(localContentResolver, "screen_off_timeout", 30000) == 121000)                      {                        Log.i("SettingsIntentReceiver", "Overriding setup wizard set screen timeout");                        if (!"USC".equals(SystemProperties.get("ro.csc.sales_code")))                          break label1724;                        i3 = 60000;                        Settings.System.putInt(localContentResolver, "screen_off_timeout", i3);                      }

which translates to this smali stuff you need to edit (assembly type stuff with hex values - VERY basic programming)

const-string v0, "screen_off_timeout"    invoke-static {v8, v0, v4}, Landroid/provider/Settings$System;->getInt(Landroid/content/ContentResolver;Ljava/lang/String;I)I    move-result v0    const v6, 0x1d8a8    if-ne v0, v6, :cond_1c    .line 295    const-string v0, "SettingsIntentReceiver"    const-string v6, "Overriding setup wizard set screen timeout"    invoke-static {v0, v6}, Landroid/util/secutil/Log;->i(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)I    .line 296    const-string v6, "screen_off_timeout"    const-string v0, "USC"    const-string v9, "ro.csc.sales_code"    invoke-static {v9}, Landroid/os/SystemProperties;->get(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;    move-result-object v9    invoke-virtual {v0, v9}, Ljava/lang/String;->equals(Ljava/lang/Object;)Z    move-result v0    if-eqz v0, :cond_2d    const v0, 0xea60    :goto_d    invoke-static {v8, v6, v0}, Landroid/provider/Settings$System;->putInt(Landroid/content/ContentResolver;Ljava/lang/String;I)Z    .line 299    :cond_1c    const-string v0, "device_provisioned"    invoke-static {v8, v0, v3}, Landroid/provider/Settings$Secure;->getInt(Landroid/content/ContentResolver;Ljava/lang/String;I)I    move-result v0

Maybe i'll make a guide...hmm

Edited by kallell

Love the release, but I was plagued all day today with an issue in sending SMS messages (with great signal, across reboots). I started the day sending 3, but only 2 made it out (starting at 7am EDT), I had to give up by 1pm due to frustrations of not being able to reply to recent messages. Not sure the deal there, but it was running great until then. Additionally, I couldn't get Seeder to get a fix on the RNG. 

If I were you I'd reflash, sometimes things go a little funky. Kallell and myself hadn't had any SMS issues. Just use Titanium backup to backup your user apps + system data so you get most of your stuff back. This isn't a 100 percent daily driver ROM, although I use it as a daily driver. I help Kallell by testing mods and such so he gets a bit more feedback. He is really easy to work with, if you can't fix your issue with a reflash. I'm sure he will try his best to fix it. We just can't replicate the problem on either of our phones.

And for Seeder, there's a reason it doesn't work. Seeder is already ​on the ROM via Crossbreeder. So it can't run two instances of it. Which is why it won't start at all.

Hopefully this all helps!

Edited by DClark95

New version up.

Changes:

-Few more bloat things removed

-Phone numbers should no longer contain #

-Tether moved to internal sd > userful apps and should be installed manually. It was causing issues when i preinstalled it

-Updated the statusbar (transparent on home, clear on home)

-Blue icons

-Battery mod 1% should be fixed

-Build prop adjustments 

I wish i had more in there, but just ran in to a good amount of issues modifying some of the system apps for whatever reason. 

If I were you I'd reflash, sometimes things go a little funky. Kallell and myself hadn't had any SMS issues. Just use Titanium backup to backup your user apps + system data so you get most of your stuff back. This isn't a 100 percent daily driver ROM, although I use it as a daily driver. I help Kallell by testing mods and such so he gets a bit more feedback. He is really easy to work with, if you can't fix your issue with a reflash. I'm sure he will try his best to fix it. We just can't replicate the problem on either of our phones.

And for Seeder, there's a reason it doesn't work. Seeder is already ​on the ROM via Crossbreeder. So it can't run two instances of it. Which is why it won't start at all.

Wisdom. I use Titanium on the regular, but I was hasty because I was at work and trying to text my wife. No big deal. I'll try to spend some more time working on it tomorrow, if I can get my sms problem solved, this will be my daily driver.

Wisdom. I use Titanium on the regular, but I was hasty because I was at work and trying to text my wife. No big deal. I'll try to spend some more time working on it tomorrow, if I can get my sms problem solved, this will be my daily driver.

If you can narrow down a bit, it might help me track down the issue. Make sure you have a pretty decent signal as well, i just want to make sure signal strength is out of the equation for troubleshooting this ;D

Roaming works good, I'll be testing in extensively for the next two weeks!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'm on the road right now, but I'll flash it as soon as I'm able. Btw, I'm trying this new thing by leaving my room to go outside. It's pretty fun. There is no lag, graphics are good too (;

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Edited by DClark95

Just flashed new version, runs well but I got no camera for some reason. Thanks for this rom!

Just flashed new version, runs well but I got no camera for some reason. Thanks for this rom!

camera works fine for me.

Ya, you got the 1.3 version right before i realized i didn't pack in the camera like an idiot. Re-download again and you should be good to go. Sorry :(

Yeah, everything works. GPS, MMS, calling, wifi, bluetooth and everything else I can think of. Just ask!