3 replies to this topic

#1 killahxft

killahxft

Hanging Around

• 20 posts
  • Device:Galaxy S-4
  • Google Talk:killahxft@gmail.com

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

I have the samsung galaxy S4, and I have a brand new 2013 Mazda CX-5 with the touchscreen radio/nav system. yet I am having trouble getting my phone to connect to the radio system via USB.. I've tried loading as a media connection, & as a data connection, and it will not link with the radio. I am stuck using bluetooth which kills my battery faster than the USB charger can charge the phone. any solutions? I have an AUX 1/8" stereo jack, but would like the simplicity of a USB hookin/charge... any help would be great... the USB works excellent with the iPhone 4 we had before. just want this to work smoothly.. also anyone know about the lag when using Bluetooth for media connection?

#2 jokout

jokout

Kewler Than Kewl

• 215 posts
  • Device:Galaxy S3,S4

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

WOW, surprised to hear Bluetooth killing your battery! My daily usage includes listening to several podcasts over bluetooth and my S4 runs an easy 16-18 hrs between charges! I am sorry I have nothing to add to you USB question as I nomally use Bluetooth to contect to my headunit and very seldom charge in the car! 

Cheers

we can learn much from wise words...
little from wise cracks...
and nothing from a wise ass!

#3 iRub1Out

iRub1Out

Dance Puppets, Dance!

• 16,244 posts
  • Device:G3
  • Google Plus:https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JonVD/posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

I use BT all the time and battery doesn't seem to "drain" too quickly...

Maybe 3-4 hours a day and I lose maybe 10% doing it, but that's combined data usage with BT.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

(Devices I've owned)

G3 - S5 - S4 - S3 - N2 - EM - E2 - E1 - Moto X - Nexus 4 - iP5S - iP6

The importance of commas:
Let's eat, Grandpa!
vs.
Let's eat Grandpa!

#4 killahxft

killahxft

Hanging Around

• 20 posts
  • Device:Galaxy S-4
  • Google Talk:killahxft@gmail.com

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:01 AM

I should probably mention that I leave my screen on. as I like to know what song is playing.. for some reason my headunit only says "artisit- No Name" track - no name, and title - No Name... so I need the screen up to see who it is... I guess there an issue between samsung & the cars id3 tag recognition, or whether samsung transmits them in a way that the headunit knows how to read...

1 2