Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
killahxft

S4 USB modes/car USB interface

4 posts in this topic

I have the samsung galaxy S4, and I have a brand new 2013 Mazda CX-5 with the touchscreen radio/nav system. yet I am having trouble getting my phone to connect to the radio system via USB.. I've tried loading as a media connection, & as a data connection, and it will not link with the radio. I am stuck using bluetooth which kills my battery faster than the USB charger can charge the phone. any solutions? I have an AUX 1/8" stereo jack, but would like the simplicity of a USB hookin/charge... any help would be great... the USB works excellent with the iPhone 4 we had before. just want this to work smoothly.. also anyone know about the lag when using Bluetooth for media connection?

WOW, surprised to hear Bluetooth killing your battery! My daily usage includes listening to several podcasts over bluetooth and my S4 runs an easy 16-18 hrs between charges! I am sorry I have nothing to add to you USB question as I nomally use Bluetooth to contect to my headunit and very seldom charge in the car! 

Cheers

I use BT all the time and battery doesn't seem to "drain" too quickly...

Maybe 3-4 hours a day and I lose maybe 10% doing it, but that's combined data usage with BT.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I should probably mention that I leave my screen on. as I like to know what song is playing.. for some reason my headunit only says "artisit- No Name" track - no name, and title - No Name... so I need the screen up to see who it is... I guess there an issue between samsung & the cars id3 tag recognition, or whether samsung transmits them in a way that the headunit knows how to read...