smpark3

Mary Dillon Leaving USCC

just making it clickable for those Tapatalk users out there:

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20130624/NEWS07/130629921?template=mobile&X-IgnoreUserAgent=1

Holy crapola these people are WAY overpaid.  I don't even think I would know what to do with $925,000 in a year besides give it away.

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20130624/NEWS07/130629921?template=mobile&X-IgnoreUserAgent=1

Holy crapola these people are WAY overpaid. I don't even think I would know what to do with $925,000 in a year besides give it away.

Thanks. Made the change to the original post as well.

Crazy how much the higher ups get paid to give up their life for a company.

Holy crapola these people are WAY overpaid.  I don't even think I would know what to do with $925,000 in a year besides give it away.

Lots of drugs, women and fast cars LOL

I'd be interested in hearing how the remaining USCC customers feel about this. Aside from the fact that life is too short to be bitter at overpaid CEO's, how do you feel about her bailing and going to make more money after taking away so many perks, the whole iphone debacle, selling out the Chicago/St Louis markets, etc?

Granted I realize that she didn't sit down and say Ok, we're doing this. There's a board and oversights, etc. So yes I realize she's not the sole decision maker. But as the CEO, you're the supposed face of the company.

So I guess my question to you USCC customers, is do you feel slighted after all these perks get pulled, and then she bolts for greener pastures? Personally it doesn't bother me too much, as I'm in the Chicago area and am now on ATT. But maybe we've just been numbed to the corporate greed and overpaid athletes and ceo's.

(and like the rest of the above commenters, I wouldn't mind a slice of that pie!)

Why does it seem like companies put people in, that are essentially temporary CEOs, to make the kinds of changes they know full well will upset numerous happy customers?

It seems like some people are extremely willing to ruin their reputation in order to get paid some real big bucks by turning companies upside down.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Why does it seem like companies put people in, that are essentially temporary CEOs, to make the kinds of changes they know full well will upset numerous happy customers?

It seems like some people are extremely willing to ruin their reputation in order to get paid some real big bucks by turning companies upside down.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hey I could turn some companies upside down for less than that!

One word, GREED.

Take her salary then any traveling she did was company paid for on top of that. I bet you could add on half her salary then again for her per diem and so forth...

How many belief outrageous plans dies that take?

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

I think there is some misplaced dissatisfaction with Mrs Dillion. Here's my take.

She was a marketing CEO that was her experience, she came from a marketing background and it would appear they brought her in to sell the belief plans, that didn't work like they had hoped and they're going back to a industry veteran whose been with tds/uscc since the 80's and has the confidence of the Carlson's.

I don't blame Dillion for the Belief plans though. She took over as CEO on June 1st 2010, the belief plans were rolled out on September 30th.

Very few CEOs or companies would introduce that big of a change just 3 or 4 months into their tenure. I'm convinced the plans were on the books with Jack Rooney but given his desire to step away from things they decided to bring someone in to market what they saw as a new type of cellular offerings. The plans were very different than what they or anyone else had done before and gimmicky or not they needed someone who would be able to sell the new plans, that's where Dillion an executive with extensive marketing came in.

The Belief plans did not work out as they had hoped obviously and they gave her a chance to tweak the plans and that still did not work.

At that point I think there was probably a recognition the company needed a new tact. I don't believe Dillion left USCC high and dry and my reasoning is that the Carleson's had already decided on Meyers as her replacement.

If Dillion really left out of the blue they would have named Meyers an inter-room CEO, instead according to the press releases we've seen he appears to be the new figurehead, permanently. That implies the company already knew who they wanted to replace her. Weather the company asked her to find another position before having her leave or she decided to do it on her own is unclear but I think it's pretty safe to assume TDS knew this was coming for awhile and already had plans in place, they likely just wanted to get the Chicago deal finalized before going through a CEO transition and perhaps in doing that gave Dillion the time she needed to line up another position.

Seems like a prudent move. I guess we'll see what happens.