Alcatel One Touch Premiere - No Development Menu/Settings - Android Development - TeamUSCellular

Photo
- - - - -

Alcatel One Touch Premiere - No Development Menu/Settings

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 erik29gamer

erik29gamer

New Here

• 4 posts
  • Device:One Touch Premiere

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:56 AM

First off, hello everyone! I just recently got my first non-feature phone, although the Premiere isn't much of a smartphone either. I would like to root it, but I have no development section in application settings. It's running 2.3.5, so it shouldn't be hidden or anything. Without the development section I can't enable USB Debugging, and can't root my device. Any suggestions on how to enable the development options, or other ways to root my phone?

#2 BoгИX

BoгИX

Amazing... Enough Said

• 3,208 posts
  • Device:XT1093

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:41 AM

Hi erik, welcome to Team US Cellular!

The Alcatel Premiere runs a highly modified (read: feature-slashed) version of Gingerbread. I would love to help you modify your device, but I believe you are the first to get this phone and want root access with it!

Perhaps someone with more experience with this device (I haven't even seen one!) can chime in, and I'll dig around for info in the meantime.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 4 Beta

#3 erik29gamer

erik29gamer

New Here

• 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:05 AM

Thank you for the help, I'll appreciate whatever you can find! I have to admit, I'm much more familiar with jailbreaking and IOS, which seems pretty basic compared to whats needed to root an android phone. I suppose only having a handful of devices instead of hundreds will do that though haha

#4 BoгИX

BoгИX

Amazing... Enough Said

• 3,208 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:07 AM

Indeed. The main problem is the slashed up version of android it's running. It doesn't even have the ability to install apps that didn't come on it!

But keep looking, as will I, and if you find anything let us know!

#5 erik29gamer

erik29gamer

New Here

• 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:12 AM

I wouldn't exactly say that you can't install any other apps. It just doesn't have the Play store. I have the Amazon App store, which installed fine and I can download apps through (though not nearly as many as the play store), along with sideloading some APKs. First thing I did was put launcher pro on it (: I wish that there was a custom ROM for it, but I think anyone interested in making ROMS wouldn't be interested in a phone with this low of specs.

#6 BoгИX

BoгИX

Amazing... Enough Said

• 3,208 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:21 AM

That's what I meant, no Google Play Store. There's got to be a way to root this thing! It may be tricky though...

#7 dBuster

dBuster

Amazing... Enough Said

• 2,920 posts
  • Device:EM, S4, Tab2, N7, X

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

If you go to CNET.com and search for Android app store, there is an alternative to the play store that has pretty much the same offerings. My sons nabi tablet sprang run or won't run the Google play store but that option from CNET.com works just fine.

The app store when installed is called "mobile market"

I might be able to see if I still have the apk if needed

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

#8 andre08

andre08

Almost The Best

• 989 posts
  • Device:Galaxy S4

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

I don't know why they would release a phone without Google's approval lol the play store pretty much makes Android awesome Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Edited by andre08, 06 July 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#9 dBuster

dBuster

Amazing... Enough Said

• 2,920 posts
  • Device:EM, S4, Tab2, N7, X

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:08 PM

I don't know why they would release a phone without Google's approval lol the play store pretty much makes Android awesomeSent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 4 Beta

For the same reason I would think some tablets are restricted and you can't run the play store on them?

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

#10 erik29gamer

erik29gamer

New Here

• 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

So by typing this:

am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.android.settings/.DevelopmentSettings

into a terminal emulator, I got USB Debugging to work! I'm still not having any luck rooting it however, I've trying GingerBreak, One Click Root, Super One Click, and Framaroot, all of which have failed or frozen.

• Hitesh likes this

#11 Hitesh

Hitesh

New Here

• 1 posts
  • Device:HTC Dinc2

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

Pook Method works on this device.

you need poot_debug.apk and Ministro II.apk

both you can get it from google.

after installing you wont see any icon of minstro II.

just open POOT , it will ask for update , you need to allow it to update (actuly it is updating minstro II)

after update is finish, you can root this device without PC.

then install SU and busybox and you are done !

• Hitesh likes this

#12 USCCCorporateEmployee

USCCCorporateEmployee

Kewl

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Device:Galaxy S4

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:04 PM

##287# to put it in debugging...

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4

#13 fireinnti

fireinnti

New Here

• 6 posts
  • Device:Samsung Galaxy s4

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

I got google play to work, My brother just got this phone for 10 dollars and I did some extensive modifications to get google play to work =) I'll check this post in a week to see if there is still a need as I just finished and omg it took a few hours and involves a lot of typing on my part.

• iRub1Out likes this

#14 fireinnti

fireinnti

New Here

• 6 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

Yes this is the first time I posted on here, I'm more into xda developers. But I think my process would work for tablets too. and any device that google play is restricted on. I hope I don't get banned because I'm not sure if this website would be ok with me telling how to do some modifications to your phone.
In case I forget to comeback here and there is a need then email fireinnti@gmail.com and I'll be sure to post the process on here.

Edited by fireinnti, 20 October 2013 - 10:58 PM.

• iRub1Out likes this

#15 iRub1Out

iRub1Out

Dance Puppets, Dance!

• 15,857 posts
  • Device:G3
  • Google Plus:https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JonVD/posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

As long as it doesn't involve obtaining paid apps for free or otherwise defrauding developers, Google, etc... Basically, mods are fine as long as you're not ripping someone off in order to make the mod work. Have at it, we will let you know if its cool or not. We welcome anyone with the desire to help others. Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

(Devices I've owned)

G3 - S5 - S4 - S3 - N2 - EM - E2 - E1 - Moto X - Nexus 4 - iP5S - iP6

The importance of commas:
Let's eat, Grandpa!
vs.
Let's eat Grandpa!

#16 fireinnti

fireinnti

New Here

• 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

Got the thread up how to get google on any device. http://teamuscellula...android-device/

and sidenote, also put how to root the Alcatel One touch premiere on this thread as well

Edited by fireinnti, 28 October 2013 - 04:19 AM.

1 2