Sign in to follow this  
jthib22

Using upgrade on line before leaving

Currently the plan I am on is my mom, me, my brother and his wife. My mom added my brothers wife a few years ago after they got married. They both have been upgradeable for a few years now but are planning to leave to go on their own going to straight talk this weekend. My question is would my mom be able to use one of their upgrades for her phone before they leave to get her upgrade even though they are leaving in a few days.

Thank you.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Technically yes, but if you do that I hope you understand you are screwing the person you purchase that phone from over.

He's in Maine though and I know they've converte to TOPS.  They might make you sign a new contract just to upgrade now as they made another user already

hmm..interesting. She is able to upgrade in 15 days or so anyways so it's not really a big deal anyways. That is interesting though about signing a new 2 year. Already somewhat looked into Verizon because of phone choice.

Currently the plan I am on is my mom, me, my brother and his wife. My mom added my brothers wife a few years ago after they got married. They both have been upgradeable for a few years now but are planning to leave to go on their own going to straight talk this weekend. My question is would my mom be able to use one of their upgrades for her phone before they leave to get her upgrade even though they are leaving in a few days.

Thank you.

I'll chime in since this happened to me recently. You can upgrade the line that's eligible and activate it on any Phone Number for your account. Being in Maine, which has had the TOPS system in place for a few months, you will have to sign a new 2 year agreement  upon upgrading and/or switching to an unlimited 4G data plan.

Hmmm. I didn't sign a new contract when I got my S4. But maybe I got it right before they changed?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Well my brother and his wife left for straight talk so it's just me and my mom on US Cellular now. Going in today and looking at Verizon too. Sad days. Originally had Unicel and have been a loyal US Cellular customer ever since. We shall see what happens.