droidroidz

[ ODIN ] [ MF5 ] FULL Stock - Pre-Rooted

Any alternate download links for the debloat version? Fails before it even starts downloading every time on my phone. Really need a fully working debloated ROM.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4

I'm currently on stock MDL with root.  I would like to get updated to MF5 (is this a bad idea?). Should I run Triangle away before flashing the Stock MF5 root file in the OP?  

Also, is the file in the OP the latest and greatest or should I be flashing a different file?  Just wanting to get to stock MF5 with root...

Thanks!

I'm currently on stock MDL with root.  I would like to get updated to MF5 (is this a bad idea?). Should I run Triangle away before flashing the Stock MF5 root file in the OP?  

Also, is the file in the OP the latest and greatest or should I be flashing a different file?  Just wanting to get to stock MF5 with root...

Thanks!

You don't HAVE to do TA if you don't want to.  Just be aware you'll have the MF5 bootloader.  You could flash the ROM instead through custom recovery if you wanted but up to you.  Nobody can tell you whether good or bad idea.  Each have had different results.

Thanks!

You don't HAVE to do TA if you don't want to.  Just be aware you'll have the MF5 bootloader.  You could flash the ROM instead through custom recovery if you wanted but up to you.  Nobody can tell you whether good or bad idea.  Each have had different results.

Is MF5 bootloader an issue for people?  DId notice that you can't flash back down in some cases but any other reported issues outside of that?  I don't have a custom recovery installed now but could do that if flashing MF5 ROM instead is a better idea.

I'm currently on stock MDL with root. I would like to get updated to MF5 (is this a bad idea?). Should I run Triangle away before flashing the Stock MF5 root file in the OP?

Also, is the file in the OP the latest and greatest or should I be flashing a different file? Just wanting to get to stock MF5 with root...

Thanks!

You don't HAVE to do TA if you don't want to. Just be aware you'll have the MF5 bootloader. You could flash the ROM instead through custom recovery if you wanted but up to you. Nobody can tell you whether good or bad idea. Each have had different results.

Is MF5 bootloader an issue for people? DId notice that you can't flash back down in some cases but any other reported issues outside of that? I don't have a custom recovery installed now but could do that if flashing MF5 ROM instead is a better idea.

It's kind of been hit or miss or so I've seen. I'm still on MDL until we get TA support for MF5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That is the main thing with the MF5 bootloader. Broke Triangle Away. I would try to stay away from the odin packages of MF5 so you don't get the MF5 bootloader. At least until Triangle Away is working again.

Edited by BMaae4

That is the main thing with the MF5 bootloader. Broke Triangle Away. I would try to stay away from the odin packages of MF5 so you don't get the MF5 bootloader. At least until Triangle Away is working again. Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4

Sounds good, which custom recovery is everyone using these days? I assume I will need to put one on in order to flash the MF5 ROM.  Also, anyone know the location of just the ROM off the top of your head?

Right now, either TWRP or CWM are the best that I've personally used. I like CWM since TWRP has some loading issues (where it just loads and loads) but either would work fine I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Weird, TT won't let me do a single quote today...

@jeremy: if you just want the stock rooted ROM it is flashed in Odin. For the debloated version you use a custom recovery.

Not sure what you mean about where to find the ROM? They're in the OP. If that's not what you're looking for, can you be more specific?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

That is the main thing with the MF5 bootloader. Broke Triangle Away. I would try to stay away from the odin packages of MF5 so you don't get the MF5 bootloader. At least until Triangle Away is working again. Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4

BorNX --  I was referring to this quote above...sounded like if I flashed the Odin package of stock rooted that I would end up with the MF5 bootloader.  So, I was under the impression that there was a stock rooted ROM that I could flash in a custom recovery that wouldn't include the MF5 bootloader.

But....it is very likely I am confused as it has been a while since I messed with this stuff so please feel free to set me straight.

Thanks!

BorNX -- I was referring to this quote above...sounded like if I flashed the Odin package of stock rooted that I would end up with the MF5 bootloader. So, I was under the impression that there was a stock rooted ROM that I could flash in a custom recovery that wouldn't include the MF5 bootloader.

But....it is very likely I am confused as it has been a while since I messed with this stuff so please feel free to set me straight.

Thanks!

Look under development -> ROMs -> Touchwiz. Let me know if you have questions.

Triangle Away works for MF5 now. Nothing to be worried about kids :D

Sent via SCH-I925U Note 10.1 LTE

Sweet, flashing MF5 from OP now!

I rock droidz - never tried chronic...

A.D.D. moment:

Makes me think of 1998 when Dr. Dre was popular... Ugh.