I can't pinpoint which ROM I flashed that caused this, because I've been thru many of them. But, my phone sits on 1X a lot since flashing, while my wife's is on 4G.

I doubt its the SIM, its only a month old. I've tried the *228, and have checked that mobile network is on LTE/CDMA.

I'm guessing the answer would be to Odin back to stock and factory reset? If so, can I use one of the Odin files that have root and CWM injected?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Well a ROM can Bork the Sim, which controls 4G, so my guess is that the Sim is borked.

Try going to stock, do the *228 once you're stock, and see if it comes back. If not you may need a new sim

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

On Stock wrong hook the phone up to the computer and in terminal put "adb reboot nvrestore" without the ""

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hasn't this been discussed a million times? No offense to OP (really!)... go to stock, factory reset in Settings

No offense taken. I said in my original post I knew that was an option. I wasn't sure if a different workaround had been discovered.

Downloading stock as we speak to Odin.

Hasn't this been discussed a million times? No offense to OP (really!)... go to stock, factory reset in Settings

No offense taken. I said in my original post I knew that was an option. I wasn't sure if a different workaround had been discovered.

you did! Sorry I missed that. Probably was in the middle of my chat bombardment

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

you did! Sorry I missed that. Probably was in the middle of my chat bombardment

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

No worries! Worked like a charm. Now on Slim Bean 7.5, running dkp 4.3 kernel WITH 4G! :)

Well let me rephrase, I was at 4G again before I flashed the kernel. That shouldn't cause me to lose 4G tho correct?

I'd just reset from settings again and see. Its worked for me on stock and a few customs. I had a helluva time after either wiping my system awhile back with TWRP or Avatar install not sure which but wiped my numbers clean of the phone. Good Luck.

I'd just reset from settings again and see. Its worked for me on stock and a few customs. I had a helluva time after either wiping my system awhile back with TWRP or Avatar install not sure which but wiped my numbers clean of the phone. Good Luck.

Thanks. It worked fine even after the kernel flash. Was hard to tell since my house doesn't really get 4G

I have had this same problem for almost a year. I have ODIN back to stock I have reset everything etc. I still have no 4g even in a 4g area. I did the samething as the poster. I flashed a ROM and ever since no 4g even after doing everything i have stated in the start of my post.