na7q

[SUPPORT] CyanogenMod 10.2

I thought this commit:

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/51062/

to the latest nightly would fix it but no go.

Hmm I just flashed the latest and mines working fine.

Connect to wifi and then turn the wifi off...  you won't have 3g. You can flip through different cdma/evdo ..etc and go back to the default and eventually get it back.

IT might be fine if you have LTE service though.

Edited by apristel

so, is there anyway to patch this to make 3g work consistently? or just use an older build? 

You're probably going to have to install touch wiz again then backup your apns, reinstall cm and restore the apns then after that you shouldn't have a problem anymore.

I'll give that a shot thanks for the tip!

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 4

Let us know if it works...

I don't think it will since the APN's are already there.

It's so much work. When will data be fixed again? In on carbon, hoping they fixed it, but they didn't. No ROM has good data anymore.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4

It's so much work. When will data be fixed again? In on carbon, hoping they fixed it, but they didn't. No ROM has good data anymore.

Well, 10/2 release for CM10.2 is working on my end, and I noticed when I was working on a fix, that once I restored APN's they stayed so I don't know what that's all about.

PAC ROM 4.3 works good as far as DATA, but the entire rom seemed laggy and a little buggy to me... but... DATA did work perfect.

Edited by apristel

Well, 10/2 release for CM10.2 is working on my end, and I noticed when I was working on a fix, that once I restored APN's they stayed so I don't know what that's all about.

Can you upload your APN backup?

Can you upload your APN backup?

GO back to a rom that worked for you and make your own XML.  

or just backup the rom you're on and restore it ;) since it's the SAME apn. aka /system/etc/apns-conf.xml ;)

FYI - The latest nightlies do NOT have the DATA issues!!  Everything works perfect.

My data is ok, not the best, but my GPS still won't connect.

backup cm. restore stock. lock gps. pull battery. restore cm. bam. should work.

I've been trying to fix my GPS the last few days. Googled and searched note2 and cm forums. I tried GPS Fix apps with cm 10.2 nightly and 10.1 cm. Turned off WiFi location, too. GPS does work with stock rom. Not sure what files to copy or any other technique to try. Looking into other ROMs,too. Might just switch back to stock, before flight out of chicago, for time being. Thankyou

I've been trying to fix my GPS the last few days. Googled and searched note2 and cm forums. I tried GPS Fix apps with cm 10.2 nightly and 10.1 cm. Turned off WiFi location, too. GPS does work with stock rom. Not sure what files to copy or any other technique to try. Looking into other ROMs,too. Might just switch back to stock, before flight out of chicago, for time being. Thankyou

If you can get GPS to lock on stock, have the maps/navigation app running with a GPS lock and either shutdown or pull battery while it's locked.  Then flash CM.  (Don't get a lock and shutdown the app, you need to have the GPS lock stay on when you pull the battery/restart)

I think na7q also suggested that method a couple posts back.  

Edited by durango99

Yep I did the technical wrong the first few times. Got it to work. Thankyou. Now I can continue to explore and contribute. Thankyou again...