BMaae4

[ROM] Stock Bloated MF5

Well this is my first ROM, so, no hating :)  As always, I am NOT responsible for anything that happens to your phone, house, children, family friends, etc.  You've been warned.

Basically, I made this ROM because I like having all the bloat and removing it myself instead of flashing a ROM, then the bloat, then removing what I don't want.  But anyways, on to the ROM.

-Based off MF5

-Fully bloated

-Chronic's Kernel

-Extended Power Menu

-BusyBox

-Rooted

-A couple goodies :)

-Check in the flash process to prevent flashing on a non supported device

-More that I can't think of

There is nothing real special about it, just bone stock with bloat.  Let me know if there are any issues or reccomendations!

Link: http://upload.teamuscellular.com/2Vj

Enjoy my friends,

BMaae4

What did you use to make this?  I'm thinking of starting into some development if nothing else than just for myself at first.  I've been looking at dsixda's kitchen but idk...complete noob here when it comes to development but I've done plenty of ROM flashing and tweaking so I've done a lot of research but just would like a good starting place.

I like your enthusiasm.

I've got a machine more than happy to handle anything but I have absolutely no knowledge of these things.

So I'm with him, let's have a class!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4

Well my machine is questionable but I'm starting to look because the converters are great but the ones made from stock seem slightly better so I'm thinking of dabbling as I know where to find all the good tweaks and they've helped a little but even with OC it's just not as fluid on my gaming as stock with stock clocking.  So if I can make something even if it's just for me I'll be happy but if I do get something good I'll ask the developers of the tweaks to be able to use their work in a published ROM...but if I'm not publishing I wouldn't imagine it's not that big of an issue...maybe just give them a thanks on the forums and such.  WoundTight's MF5 is nice but I'm a bit of an overthinker so there's always more than can be done so I'd like to learn to contribute something myself...USCC definitely could use more developers anyways.  So if dsixda's kitchen will do the trick I may give it a try even though my computer at home sucks.  I've been reading some about even getting into changing apk's and resigning them and a little about smali/baksmali but most of the reading involves kind of already knowing what you're doing...I guess as long as I have a working backup and ODIN I should be good.  I may start with my Mez so if I brick it I'll be ok and lesson learned albeit it would suck but I don't want to brick my S4 but it really needs some work...I guess I'm also a bit of a nitpicker.

Thanks. I've started downloading ROMs and unzipping them to look into what's all in there to get an idea of what's going on. I found some good starter guides on XDA with some videos I've started watching to help me start out. When I get home it'll be time to clean up the computer a bit as I haven't used it in awhile and it needs some cleaning. And this will be stock TW ROMs I want to build. I like my TW features too much.

Edited by McDaddy Tree

Reboot recovery and try again.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4

Edited by BMaae4