Sign in to follow this  
xxdbkxx

Flashing a USCC Note 2 to work on Sprint Network

No - not that part - the part about it being legal and data working.

What you just said - about LTE not working but everything else does - we've known that for a long time.  That's how it has always been.  

our group ,a bunch of geeks and techs have been doing it for 30 years and no one has been accused of illegal activity . I am qualified to modify radios . there is no law saying you cannot modify a phone and have service you leagaly have . . 3g works as i said . there are a couple of edits in build prop and MMS strings that have to be written . Once you know what they are it is not difficult.. there is a string in the donar which is 3g that you need .. Thats all im saying that it is possible and done as the original poster asked..you have to be an extreamly smart and persistant phone tech. i have 42 years experience all the way back to the first computers and helped design the Internet protocal tcpip before it was internet on ham radios and packet bbss . so i have what it takes.I don't mean to offend anyone i was sharing my experiences . The first cell phone company i worked for was cellular 1 . they were before uscellular. all we did there was repair Nokia phones with a special box and write esns and label them so those used phones so the store could sell them .thousands of them. factory provided the hardware/software.

we are not Cloning . we are exchanging one phone for another with same service and it defrauds no one.

Edited by gadgetmaul

I know you can GSM unlock it - but try putting the VZW sim in it - if it works, youre golden.

If not, then no, it cant work.

My guess is that it WILL work for 1x/3G/calls/texts - but you'll never get it to work with LTE. 

All you have to do is put the sim in it.  It can still be activated on USCC when you test it - VZW doesnt need to know what phone or anything - get the PP sim, put it in, it should work.

Why dont you just sell that and buy a VZW one...?  Dont try to make a square peg work in a round hole.

WEll come here and ill prove it to you . or may be a video chat and ill show you . I dont lie bud.send me a sprint donar and a us cellular S5 or s3 or s4. Ill turn it on for life on Sprint network free to prove it .Who turns on phones for free? well there is indeed a sprint carrier that does and its not freedompop..

I have been in the Electronics and programming since the first bag phone from Motorola and the first Brick phone all of them reparible .

The only one i cannot fix is the Motorola Android series and Koycera..They are on a read only chip but all others are on a chip that is reprogrammable.what dont work is 4g lte. I disable it and there is a hidden menu . you have to edit a parameter in root to access it . This is known and common knowledge if you google it . ALso disabling 4g and sim card is also common knowledge..as well as the password to gain access .and dongles that can repair a hard bricked phone as well as jtags and paid cdma for repairing all phones and radios..

Well your lack of punctuation and spelling say otherwise about your knowledge base. I can tell you're absolutely confused about how things actually work.

No - not that part - the part about it being legal and data working.

What you just said - about LTE not working but everything else does - we've known that for a long time.  That's how it has always been.  

our group ,a bunch of geeks and techs have been doing it for 30 years and no one has been accused of illegal activity . I am qualified to modify radios . there is no law saying you cannot modify a phone and have service you leagaly have . . 3g works as i said . there are a couple of edits in build prop and MMS strings that have to be written . Once you know what they are it is not difficult.. there is a string in the donar which is 3g that you need .. Thats all im saying that it is possible and done as the original poster asked..you have to be an extreamly smart and persistant phone tech. i have 42 years experience all the way back to the first computers and helped design the Internet protocal tcpip before it was internet on ham radios and packet bbss . so i have what it takes.I don't mean to offend anyone i was sharing my experiences . The first cell phone company i worked for was cellular 1 . they were before uscellular. all we did there was repair Nokia phones with a special box and write esns and label them so those used phones so the store could sell them .thousands of them. factory provided the hardware/software.

we are not Cloning . we are exchanging one phone for another with same service and it defrauds no one.

Your group can do whatever they please. Doesn't make their activities legal. I am qualified to mod radios and things too. WOW. But it doesn't mean I can commit fraud with an ESN. Again, your lack of punctuation and proper spelling make think that you have no idea what you're talking about. I mean, look at your spelling. It's horrible.

I know you can GSM unlock it - but try putting the VZW sim in it - if it works, youre golden.

If not, then no, it cant work.

My guess is that it WILL work for 1x/3G/calls/texts - but you'll never get it to work with LTE. 

All you have to do is put the sim in it.  It can still be activated on USCC when you test it - VZW doesnt need to know what phone or anything - get the PP sim, put it in, it should work.

Why dont you just sell that and buy a VZW one...?  Dont try to make a square peg work in a round hole.

Amen. I love you Rub.

Edited by na7q

Oh and your FCC license allows you to work on Commercial equipment. And you aren't a ham, so anything you would do now with ham would be illegal. And you probably weren't a ham back in the day. So I completely don't believe that you worked on TCP/IP systems using ham radio. 

You can have 42+ years of experience, but that doesn't make you right by any means. Especially when laws contradict your statements.

I have done it many times . It is NOT illegal to repair an esn using a Donar Phone . I have a uscellular Galaxy s5 on Sprint network . Works perfectly talk text and data . No Flashing persa just the prl . You have to disable the sim card with a hidden menu.So 3g only no 4g which is good becaus ethe phone is on a ringplus accoun t with limited internet data . No dropped calls and text works with stock app. We destroy the Donar phones and use the Sticker . Then we activate the phone and pre program the provided min mid and sid . Thats it . I am a 2nd class Fcc Licesned Technician and a former uscellular tech . Changing esns for an owner of both phones is fine and you are not defrauding anyone . Also you cannot have two phones with the same esn . They will not work and one of them will be flagged code 16 so it is impossible to Clone a phone for illeagal use these days as the carrier has sofware to detect the slightest difference .. I will not provide any information to do this but it requires special software you have to buy and a lot of Knowledge .All Uscellular samsung ,HTC,LG products can change carriers. Just as any uscellular phone be activated on verizon as well . and vise versa..

It is as simple as buying a cheap throw away sprint phone and a used bad esn state of the art phone of your choice on ebay for cheap .. the only carrier that cannot be changed is Att or gms phones . Sprint is CDMA as Uscellular is as well . 

You can't just clone an ESN and write the PRL to a phone and it's now magically authenticated on Sprint, you have to pull the profile 0 AAA keys from the donor phone which in order to do so requires the donor phone to be able to turn on.

ESN cloning has and always will be illegal regardless if you own the donor phone but the laws concerning ESN cloning have never actually been enforced. There hasn't been a single instance of someone getting arrested for doing something like writing a Incognito ESN to a CDMA Galaxy S4.

Feels good to be back.

Edited by SBJ1998

Im a Ham ,Extra Class and yes did not mean to pop any bubbles . I don;t type well with three finger lost in Afghanistan. and im 60 . All ii did was answer the original topic and confirm S5 USC can work On Sprint because its my daily .

As far as 4G it is a data Hog and not available in 90 percent of the USA . I disable it in all phones i pay for .

And the Finger pointers who Complain about Law breaking ,well every one of you break the law every day . Most of you are Felons and Don't even know it.If you every threw away junk mail that was not addressed to you then your a felon $250,000 fine and a five-year stint in a federal prison or owning A sharpie ,that's a Graffiti tool and the government can arrest you if caught with one As well as Tax evasion ,ever took an extra penny for a deduction . Your a felon . There are at least 15 laws everyone breaks every day that are felony.

I also modified MOAR 4.4.2 for it as well but i can't share it here. Good Luck Dudes . Im Out and off.

Edited by gadgetmaul
edit

Wait, wait, why can't you share it here!?

If it's a simple mod to a rom, there's absolutely no harm in it - or did you close the ESN?

If thats the case, and if it's illegal - I understand.  However if it's not blatantly illegal, we would love to hear how you did it! 

40 minutes ago, gadgetmaul said:

I also modified MOAR 4.4.2 for it as well but i can't share it here. Good Luck Dudes . Im Out and off.

PM it to me and prove it.

Thanks for your service.  Now be a stand up guy and respect us and prove your claims as we all should.

15 minutes ago, snodrog742 said:

PM it to me and prove it.

Thanks for your service.  Now be a stand up guy and respect us and prove your claims as we all should.

What ? You mean all you Smartys havent written a rom Geezze  . Call me lame .yea . I was treated Bad here . Im a coder and if you guys would take the time the Source Codes for Samsung Android kitkat has been released quite a while .This is My personal Rom For Family Only and it took Chph and I about two months to get the MOAR roms Bells and Whistles on our lame USC Converted to Sprint . The first step is rebrand the phone because Mine is Now a Sprint ONLY and Nothing to do with USC except the eri carrier Boot Screen that still says USC .

Flash it to Sprint and No you cant have it now or later for free. Unbelievable this group just sits idle and waits for Handouts and after Barking at me like Wild Dogs . No and i think i have better things to do than tap on dead sites . Semper Fi

6 minutes ago, gadgetmaul said:

What ? You mean all you Smartys havent written a rom Geezze  . Call me lame .yea . I was treated Bad here . Im a coder and if you guys would take the time the Source Codes for Samsung Android kitkat has been released quite a while .This is My personal Rom For Family Only and it took Chph and I about two months to get the MOAR roms Bells and Whistles on our lame USC Converted to Sprint . The first step is rebrand the phone because Mine is Now a Sprint ONLY and Nothing to do with USC except the eri carrier Boot Screen that still says USC .

Flash it to Sprint and No you cant have it now or later for free. Unbelievable this group just sits idle and waits for Handouts and after Barking at me like Wild Dogs . No and i think i have better things to do than tap on dead sites . Semper Fi

Bye Felicia...

Doesn't deserve to even think Semper Fi! A true Marine would not act like a 2 year old in my opinion...

SSgt retired United States Marine Corps! Semper Fi!

I would lock this thread without hard video evidence it has been done. No guides, nothing? Then it is all smoke and mirrors and is a unicorn in disguise.

Admin Edit: I concur.

5 hours ago, dBuster said:

Doesn't deserve to even think Semper Fi! A true Marine would not act like a 2 year old in my opinion...

SSgt retired United States Marine Corps! Semper Fi!

I would lock this thread without hard video evidence it has been done. No guides, nothing? Then it is all smoke and mirrors and is a unicorn in disguise.

Admin Edit: I concur.

Jon beat me to it...

And welcome back.  And yes, thank you to you as well.