dBuster

more issues arising...

Okay from that other forum... more MOTO X issues are arising...

here is a quote of the thread over there GROWING PAINS

joemeeth
Have my phone one week....have spent more time with technical support than actually using the phone lol   First problem....my friend sent me three pics  using text messaging from her I phone...the pics come through as a slide show and I am unable to save them to my gallery.  Verified problem with another I phone. Had friend send three pics using blackberry and the problem did not exist...only from I phone.  After third level tech could not resolve got word that the phone should have a problem saving text pic from I phone and it was a problem with my phone in particular .
Second problem, I tried to send the pictures to iphone and realized I am unable to attach more than one picture at a time in a text message. Unable to attach two pics in one message.  
Sort of feel that this phone should do at least the things my blackberry was capable of.......Motorola response was that the phone does not allow attaching more than one picture to a text message.
Swapping out phone for a new one to see if I phone thing resolves but very troubled about not being able to send more than one pic in a text message.   
Weakening........may be on line for the I Phone 5S!!  Help I don't want the Apple  Joe

Just thought to share this... if it is deemed inappropriate please remove.  Thank you

The iPhone thing is known. They suck. They send pics and we can't always view them or save them.

Not every phone does this but the nexus 4 getting pics from an iPhone was a no go. It never worked unless you saved them

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4

My friend not only gets the call dropping problem, he also gets SoD issues when they drop. Factory reset and its a no go. U.S. Cellular pretty much told her to wait for the ota.

Sent via SCH-I925U Note 10.1 LTE

To me this is about as bad as the reception issues but hopefully these issues will get fixed..

Still piss poor that they were released the phone as such... Hopefully it doesn't tie back to american labor in any way these issues either programming or assembly...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Edited by dBuster

I hadn't even heard of any reception issues. I did notice that the threshold for the bars were different from my Electrify after installing Network Signal Info Pro. I was worried that I was only getting 1-2 bars in my house, while my Electrify was getting 2-3 bars. I found that the signals were roughly the same though (+/- -2dbm). At work, I can have -62dbm (very strong signal), and the Moto X only lights up 3 bars. Comparatively, the Electrify showed -61dbm, and 4 bars. This is in straight CDMA mode.

I did find an area where the signal dropped to -110dbm (very weak signal, call dropping threshold), but I was inside of a Faraday-cage of sorts. 

I hadn't even heard of any reception issues. I did notice that the threshold for the bars were different from my Electrify after installing Network Signal Info Pro. I was worried that I was only getting 1-2 bars in my house, while my Electrify was getting 2-3 bars. I found that the signals were roughly the same though (+/- -2dbm). At work, I can have -62dbm (very strong signal), and the Moto X only lights up 3 bars. Comparatively, the Electrify showed -61dbm, and 4 bars. This is in straight CDMA mode.

I did find an area where the signal dropped to -110dbm (very weak signal, call dropping threshold), but I was inside of a Faraday-cage of sorts. 

When I made reference to the reception issues I was referring to those of the Samsung S3 and not the Moto X

When I made reference to the reception issues I was referring to those of the Samsung S3 and not the Moto X

Whew! OK. I did notice LTE is terrible, like -116dbm, with the antenna a half mile away. I didn't try line-of-site though. That is going to be my next test. I figured if I'm going to be married to the phone, I better stress test it during the honeymoon.

Whew! OK. I did notice LTE is terrible, like -116dbm, with the antenna a half mile away. I didn't try line-of-site though. That is going to be my next test. I figured if I'm going to be married to the phone, I better stress test it during the honeymoon.

Ya I did notice that even my S4 had full signal strength (70 dbm) the Moto X had 1 bar (110 dbm) which is odd.

Sent via SCH-I925U Note 10.1 LTE

Well that just blows the myth of Motorola devices having better reception out of the water!  

MYTH BUSTED!

not that na7q hadn't busted it before...   :-!

The speeds were bad too ;( Yikes. 25 mbps on the S4, 6 on the mx. Make me and my friend laugh. She took it back and got herself a S4.

Sent via SCH-R970 S4 /w "x" rom

Only issue we are have is duplicated text messages.  Approx half of the time text sent from the X are duplicated for the receiver.  

No voice calling issues or reception problems.  Signal stays within 3dbm of my S4.

Edit:  playing with the phone just now, if using voice text the message is sent three times.  Also, if using "Ok Google Now" the text are not automatically sent like on my S4.  They have to be manually sent.

Edited by mweba

Couldn't find it in settings, doesn't mean it's not there. My S4 sends automatically after a set time had gone by.

If you "Ok Google Now" again it shifts away from the text to start over. Have some more playing to do.

Sent using opposable thumbs

Can't seem to remedy the duplicate issue but have found another.  My wifes number shows as Restricted on every ones caller ID.  It may be right infront of me but....I can't figure out how to change that.

That might be something that uscc needs to change on the account.

I''ve come to that conclusion.  There use to be a setting in "call Settings" to activate it.  There is not anymore.

That might be something that uscc needs to change on the account.

I''ve come to that conclusion. There use to be a setting in "call Settings" to activate it. There is not anymore.

Definitely a computer issue. Seen it before.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4

Restricted issue saved by a call to CS. They had no such love for the duplicate text issue.

Restricted issue saved by a call to CS. They had no such love for the duplicate text issue.

Did they say exactly what it was? Or what it was called so others who have it happen can know. Or those that want to be restricted can call and ask for it

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 4.0.26

Did they say exactly what it was? Or what it was called so others who have it happen can know. Or those that want to be restricted can call and ask for it

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 4.0.26

Under voice features the "total call block" gets selected for caller ID. The "per call block" needs to be selected. This makes it so you have to *67 to block your number.

Under voice features the "total call block" gets selected for caller ID. The "per call block" needs to be selected. This makes it so you have to *67 to block your number.

Thank you! It is very much appreciated!

Duplicate text issue still persists.  Researching, google now has a known issue while voice texting but I can't find anything on stock text duplicates.  Both our X's have this issue.

Duplicate text issue still persists.  Researching, google now has a known issue while voice texting but I can't find anything on stock text duplicates.  Both our X's have this issue.

Has anyone figured this out? I just got my moto x on 12-6 and it's having this issue.