Sign in to follow this  
ForeverxRebel

*facedesk* Upgrade Coming Up...Help?

I have an upgrade coming up on the 29th.  I have the Motorola Electrify and ready for an upgrade.

I've been looking at a few phones...and I'm having a hard time deciding what to get.  I mostly use it for facebook, pictures, sometimes skype, and to keep up to date on sports as they happen. 

The phones that I'm looking at are:

Samsung S3, S4, Mega

Motorola Moto X 

HTC One

Thank you in advance for all that respond.  Greatly appreciated.

I have an upgrade coming up on the 29th. I have the Motorola Electrify and ready for an upgrade.

I've been looking at a few phones...and I'm having a hard time deciding what to get. I mostly use it for facebook, pictures, sometimes skype, and to keep up to date on sports as they happen.

The phones that I'm looking at are:

Samsung S3, S4, Mega

Motorola Moto X

HTC One

Thank you in advance for all that respond. Greatly appreciated.

The s4 is awesome I get crazy good battery life. I wouldn't touch the s3 after owning an s4. The mega has an lcd screen eeeeewwwwwwwww. Moto x yeah moto isnt trustworthy and the s4 is likely to get more updates.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4

Motorola is very trustworthy and has made rock-solid phones over the years for multiple carriers. If reception range is a major consideration, Moto is hard to beat. If screen image is more important, the S4 would be my pick.

Motorola is very trustworthy and has made rock-solid phones over the years for multiple carriers. If reception range is a major consideration, Moto is hard to beat. If screen image is more important, the S4 would be my pick.

I've yet to meet anyone in real life that absolutely loves Motorola phones. I do have friends that use Motorola and they get the same signal as my mesmerize my s3 and my s4

As much as I love my Moto X, it's suffering from call quality issues right now due to the noise-canceling microphone (outlined in the Moto X General Discussion thread). They say an OTA update will be out soon to fix the issue.

Right now, I'm testing LTE signal strength, which looks terrible. Regular 3G/voice looks normal (when compared to my old Electrify).

Edit: Borrowed a co-workers USCC SGS3, and the 4G connectivity was slightly better on the Moto X (+ 5dbm). Got 6mbps down & 12mbps up from my workspace inside of a concrete building. Tower located 1/2 mile away. The phone seems to have a stronger signal in 3G mode, though.

Edited by doctorcaligari

I would push for the S4, which I own right now, or the N3 if that's in your budget. the S4 is a beautiful device. 

I've yet to meet anyone in real life that absolutely loves Motorola phones. I do have friends that use Motorola and they get the same signal as my mesmerize my s3 and my s4

I prefer Motorola over Samsung... actually have had more Motorola devices than anything going back 15 plus years

The wife has an S4 and I would not switch to it... had a mesmerize and an S3 and will stick with my Electrify M...

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 4.0.26

I prefer Motorola over Samsung... actually have had more Motorola devices than anything going back 15 plus years

The wife has an S4 and I would not switch to it... had a mesmerize and an S3 and will stick with my Electrify M...

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 4.0.26

Motorola really doesn't add anything special that's my issue with them on there smartphone. TouchWiz may be a bloated beast but it does a helluva lot more then Motorola does. Not saying they're bad phones it's all personal preference but as far as signal goes I see no proof Motorola out performs in the other phone. I do like the lack of hardware buttons on the x. I just about bought one but a found a s4 for fairly cheap.

Thank you all for your input!  Greatly appreciated as I said above.  

Would love to hear more input if anyone else has any.

Have a great day!

S4 or Moto X would be my recommendation. Both are flagship phones that you can expect to be fully supported through the end of 2014.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Personally, I'l a large fan of LG and Motorola, as far as manufacturers go. 

I get a lot of complaints about Samsung build quality, too many to favor them as a brand.

Real life - Moto's kick butt in rural NH holding calls far better than Sammy's, with the exception of the S4. My personal, real life experience is my Samsung Mesmerize was usable only on one side of my home while my Electrify M can be used anywhere within my home. Also, I could not make a call anywhere in my father's home in SC with the Mesmerize but have no issues with the Electrify. The manager of my local USCC store had no reception at his home with his S3 but no issues making calls with an Electrfy 2. I am a real person but it is true we haven't met. :-)

Real life - Moto's kick butt in rural NH holding calls far better than Sammy's, with the exception of the S4. My personal, real life experience is my Samsung Mesmerize was usable only on one side of my home while my Electrify M can be used anywhere within my home. Also, I could not make a call anywhere in my father's home in SC with the Mesmerize but have no issues with the Electrify. The manager of my local USCC store had no reception at his home with his S3 but no issues making calls with an Electrfy 2. I am a real person but it is true we haven't met. :-)

I never had an issue with my mesmerize and by s3 fine signal. They both dropped call knows the same place the motos do.