Sign in to follow this  
mweba

Picked up a X today

On screen buttons don't bother me.  I do like the slimmer bezel due to them.    Tonight I will hit the X hard to get a good feel for it.  

I did open SEVERAL tabs while some apps were running in the background.  System is smooth and couldn't get it to lag.  Screen to me is top notch although I'm not a pixel counter.

Almost picked up a X today but wasn't impressed with the signal strength. It was - 8dBm's worse than my GS4..

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

It looks gorgeous....

Sexy even. To me, the best in hand phone I've owned. That of course is entirely subject to preference.

Two favorite functions so far, notifications (duh) and the camera/gallery options. Although the camera is just good not phenomenal like the S4, focus and capture setup is slick. Gallery has a swipe to delete feature circumventing the select then delete one by one setup. Little things I know.

Almost picked up a X today but wasn't impressed with the signal strength. It was - 8dBm's worse than my GS4..

I thought this would be an issue but find that despite a lower signal reading, the X will hold a data connection better and is faster than my S3 ever was. I can hold solid 4g at home where my S3 would go between 3 & 4g constantly.

Nice comparisons. Just a question though, were they taken at the same resolution? Or was the resolution maxed out on each which would mean that they were taken at different resolutions and could lend to differences in the pictures. Although the naked eye probably can't tell but I am sure some will notice.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 4.0.26

Nice comparisons. Just a question though, were they taken at the same resolution? Or was the resolution maxed out on each which would mean that they were taken at different resolutions and could lend to differences in the pictures. Although the naked eye probably can't tell but I am sure some will notice.

Max res, stock settings.  To me in full light, the X was better at representing true color.  Medium light not so much.  The X with flash had true colors and better sharpness but inturn gave up a little flash glare on the wheel.

The tech guys will probably pick any camera apart but to the normal end user, the X camera is great.

Edited by mweba

Is it possible to do comparisons with both devices set to the same resolution? To eliminate the mega pixel difference which might skew results.

I'm am thrilled to find another farmer that shares my extreme geek tendencies.

Dairy?

I'm also looking hard at swapping my S4 for an X. How is the screen working outside on a sunny day?

Is it possible to do comparisons with both devices set to the same resolution? To eliminate the mega pixel difference which might skew results.

Will look at the settings but I'm sure a guy could get em close.  Figured most would use it at max but I see your point.  

My D3100 can run with the big boys with proper glass...

I'm am thrilled to find another farmer that shares my extreme geek tendencies.

Dairy?

I'm also looking hard at swapping my S4 for an X. How is the screen working outside on a sunny day?

You have to be a geek in todays farm world.  Holsteins, 403 in that pic.

Agreed. I'm not sure how I would obsess about bean prices every ten minutes without it.

HAHAHA  

I can't do it!  The price is what it is.   

Guys out in the field this time of year taking average pod counts are just shortening their lives.

How is your moisture?  Irrigate in your area?  We have had less the 2" since mid June.  Previous we flooded like crazy.

Edited by mweba

Agreed. I'm not sure how I would obsess about bean prices every ten minutes without it.

HAHAHA

I can't do it! The price is what it is.

Guys out in the field this time of year taking average pod counts are just shortening their lives.

How is your moisture? Irrigate in your area? We have had less the 2" since mid June. Previous we flooded like crazy.

We are really dry also. Abundance of moisture this spring but it shut off mid June. Some fields have picked up a few inches since, others about an inch. I've got mostly alfalfa with bean acres just as a rotation. Hoping to get some beans out tomorrow. I've got short season that made it down to 12.5% today. Most of our acres are irrigated thankfully.

And while I agree most farmers have to have some tech savvy I can promise that very few are perusing tech forums. :D

I'd be interested in seeing a Speedtest from the 2 phones.

Will do.  I've run a couple but didn't think to get a screen shot.

I'd be interested in seeing a Speedtest from the 2 phones.

Me too! Before and after the ota!

When is the OTA set to hit.....or is there and eta?