dave0812

Samsung Galaxy Mega

I didnt see a section for this so i hope this was a good place to ge with it.  Is there a way without root that i can go in a disable Stnchronoss TEDC.  IT is constantly running in the notification bar and is getting annoying.  Or does any know where i can get it rooted so i could use titanium on it to freeze.  Thanks in advance

No, you can't without root.

As of now, I don't think there is enough dev on our specific model to know how to root it.

You can try the methods for the S4 since they're almost the same, if it doesn't work let us know.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4

Since its using a exynos processor you could try and see if framaroot works. It works on most exynos devices.

Sent via SCH-I925U Note 10.1 LTE

Then you'll probably have to wait until more people get it. Once a few more experienced guys have it then it will get some attention.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4

Got a question I have note 2 but was thinking about getting the Mega what is everyone's thoughts. Spec wise phone should be good for me but any opinions would be appreciated. Biggest concern is signal as I'm in fringe areas. My couisn has S4 and his signal is alot better than note2.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 4

I havent notuced any better signal than my note2. That being said its no worse. I havent actually puuled numbers to look atm I travel all day and have yet to drop a call. Thats through good and bad signal areas. I used a third line upgrade to get this just to play with. Im giving my note to my mother for her to use. I still may look at the note3. Funny to say but my note 2 feels tiny now. Dont know if it I could go back.

Sent from my SCH-R960 using Tapatalk 2

I hear ya son has S2 and wife has E2 and all feel dinky beside the fact I got big hands. I was just looking at it i want something new and its cheaper and kid wants my note2.

I think if it had better specs I would think about getting it. I am absolutely sold on the N3 though, if only I could find a way to get one..

Specs are great but if u never use them to there potential is it worth the extra money. From the way I see it I can use the extra 100 to 200 dollars in savings for some Christmas shopping. Lol. That's coming from a person on a fixed budget and uses the phone for a way to kill time when I'm in the hospital or doctors office.

For me, it matters lol.

I would rather have them, and not need them. I guess it's just the geek in me talking lol.

you should be able to use the cwm on xda for yalls version. i cant imagine the candian mega 6.3 is all  that different than yalls, i wouldnt suggest using international or the mega 5.8 stuff.

samsung would only have the kernel source, the odin tars are leaked out by employees, i didnt know if anyone here had posted them or not yet.

what exactly happens when you boot the candian cwm? black screen? bootloops? can you get adb access?

Edited by Shabbypenguin

I used this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2434204

[ROOT + CWM] Root and CWM for SGH-i527M (Rogers/Bell/Telus)

Ran through odin and thay went fine. Phone rebooted in safe mode. Tried to put into recovery but it just reboots. Am I missing something. When I try to put in recovery It has a small message at top saying recovery booting but it just ends of rebooting.

Sent from my SCH-R960 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by dave0812