HominidMachinae

Patch coming-- with bugfixes. Starts acceptance testing this week

Are you part of the soak group or is it trickling out to the commoners as well? And I haven't seen much input on this update from anyone in this topic. Is there any issues that might be reason to hold off updating? Sent from X

It will start trickling out to "commoners" really soon. There is not much input here on the update because the testers signed an NDA.

No reason not to apply it. It will fix alot of issues. I can say that I LOVE this phone now.

Are you part of the soak group or is it trickling out to the commoners as well? And I haven't seen much input on this update from anyone in this topic. Is there any issues that might be reason to hold off updating? Sent from X

It will start trickling out to "commoners" really soon. There is not much input here on the update because the testers signed an NDA.

No reason not to apply it. It will fix alot of issues. I can say that I LOVE this phone now.

Good deal. Wasn't aware of the NDA. And I already love it so I'm sure it'll only get better. Great device. Love the size and the near vanilla android is GREAT. I had rooted and flashed both AOSP and TW rooms on my S4 and they all had glitches that I couldn't work with. To some they may have been minor annoyances but when running a business and being involved heavily in emergency services those minor annoyances to some were huge to me. And it's every bit as zippy as my S4 no matter which ROM I ran. A+ Motorola. A+.

Sent from X

Good deal. Wasn't aware of the NDA. And I already love it so I'm sure it'll only get better. Great device. Love the size and the near vanilla android is GREAT. I had rooted and flashed both AOSP and TW rooms on my S4 and they all had glitches that I couldn't work with. To some they may have been minor annoyances but when running a business and being involved heavily in emergency services those minor annoyances to some were huge to me. And it's every bit as zippy as my S4 no matter which ROM I ran. A+ Motorola. A+.

Sent from X

Are you rooted?  There is something about being rooted and losing root and then not losing root.  I think it all lies on whether your bootloader is unlocked or not.  There is another thread that this has been mentioned on.

Nope not rooted. I rooted the S4 to try and achieve better battery life to no avail. I had nearly every app greenfield, tried running different ROM's and the X still tacks a good 4 hours of extra usage in a day in comparison. Only thing that might use me to root is to get the hotspot back.

Sent from X

Nope not rooted. I rooted the S4 to try and achieve better battery life to no avail. I had nearly every app greenfield, tried running different ROM's and the X still tacks a good 4 hours of extra usage in a day in comparison. Only thing that might use me to root is to get the hotspot back.

Sent from X

Then you should be alright and most definitely take that ota!!!  From the sounds of it, issues are addressed and no new issues have been found as of yet.  And this is from other carriers who got pretty much the same ota but specific to their carrier.  The camera and noise cancelling issues were addressed.  You will of course get the usual new app or two and one confirmed addition is the "wi-fi now" uscellular bloat.  

Okay, it might not be bloat to some but it is useless to me so it is bloatware to me.

Edited by dBuster

Sent from X

Then you should be alright and most definitely take that ota!!! From the sounds of it, issues are addressed and no new issues have been found as of yet. And this is from other carriers who got pretty much the same ota but specific to their carrier. The camera and noise cancelling issues were addressed. You will of course get the usual new app or two and one confirmed addition is the "wi-fi now" uscellular bloat.

Okay, it might not be bloat to some but it is useless to me so it is bloatware to me.

As long as I can disable it and the files are small I'm cool with the bloat. It's a carrier subsidized phone after all.

As long as I can disable it and the files are small I'm cool with the bloat. It's a carrier subsidized phone after all.

I agree! As long as it can be dealt with it is fine, a pita but fine...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Sent from X

Then you should be alright and most definitely take that ota!!! From the sounds of it, issues are addressed and no new issues have been found as of yet. And this is from other carriers who got pretty much the same ota but specific to their carrier. The camera and noise cancelling issues were addressed. You will of course get the usual new app or two and one confirmed addition is the "wi-fi now" uscellular bloat.

Not really a valid excuse as if you purchase one at full retail price, the bloat is still forced on you.

I just installed the update... What has all changed

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk now Free

See Here: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/96356

The two biggest changes are the improved camera (no more pink/purple tint) and the resolution of the choppy voice issue. In my exhaustive tests after the update, people have told me that I now sound crystal clear.

The only bloatware was the Wi-Fi Now app. I disabled it, and kept chugging along.