Sign in to follow this  

[ROM][V7/1/11] Heinz 57 for Mesmerize and Showcase

I did the same thing a version or two back. What I did was diasble lagfix. Odin the stock ee19 update. Then odin cwm back to the phone and flash heinz. Then re enable lagfix. That was how I did it. Now if you run the ee19 update package then you shoulnt loose any data but this may be a good time to do a clean flash meaning wipe data then when your back on heinz reinstall your apps. But that is completely up to you.

Tap-a-Talked from my Mesmerize

Cool deal. Anytime :P

What is everyone seeing battery life wise? I can literally sit here and watch mine weep away? I fully charged it last night and did a battery stat wipe this morning fresh off the charger, and just on the 15 minute drive to work I've lost 10%...

Also, the email & messages shortcuts on my home screen no longer have the number of new emails/messages notification bubbles...is that normal?

Which one are you running. OTB or the PBJT

Normally the pbjt kernel gave me good battery life. But through testing for whatever reason I am getting better battery on OTB. May wanna try that one. If you decide to I can give you some good settings for voltage control that I've used for a while and know to be safe and reliable. That is if you need them. If you would like just the OTB kernel let me know and I can link you too it so you don't have to reflash the ROM

I'll take those voltage control settings if you want to share. PBJT kernel gave me random reboots, flashed OTB and it seems to be more stable for me so far.

Sure. This is what I have ran and have had good luck with. You may be able to undervolt more then this but it is a good starting place.

Max clock 1200. Scheduler CFQ. Conservative setting.

Steps enable w/ voltage settings.

1200 -50mv

1000 -75mv

800 -75mv

600 -75mv

400 -75mv

200 -75mv

I have ran these as boot settings for a while now without issue. I would suggest applyiing for now just to be safe. Then if no issues happen you can set at boot. If I can help anymore just let me know. :P

You will need the app voltage control from the market. Its free. You use it to set the above settings

Hmmm...it says my kernel isn't compatible? My battery went from 70%-->67% just downloading the app from the market. Stock this thing was lasting like 16hrs pretty easily...I'm most generally out the door by 6am, and I have a feeling that *as is* this thing is won't make it through the day, similar to how my Tp2 was right before I pitched it!

Here is just the kernel. Try flashing it and see what it says. http://db.tt/a3xygkj

Thanks...around 12+ hours yesterday I was at 10% or so, and today is my long day so I'm gonna just see how it goes. I may just try that kernel for grins anyway, later though...

Dumb question time: is the ee19 update a kernel itself, or an update to the stock ec10 kernel, or...?

That one I'm not sure about. I know the full ee19 package has a kernel in it but don't know how much different it is from ec10. After conditioning my battery I'm getting about 12-16 hours of moderate use and about 10-12 of heavy use out of my phone. I also have just the pbjt kernels so if you decide you need to go back to it just let me know.

Hey is anyone having GPS locking problems with H57? I'm using the OTB kernel, not pbjt. Today it would not lock on, kept searching for gps in google nav. Made me mad because I was heading to a new hospital for a test, and I knew the general area, but once I got near, I had to pull over and actually look at google maps to figure out what street to turn on (I know, I know, for shame, right? This is 2011, I shouldn't have to look at a map, darn it! ??? ). Turn by turn would have been nice. Once I figured out I had passed the hospital, and turned around, all of the sudden the gps locked on and guided me in. But returning home I tried it a few times and it still wouldn't lock on.

All the appropriate boxes have been checked, to my knowledge. Went into location settings and check the use gps box...phone had a great clear view through my windshield. Any thoughts? So far this is the only problem i've had with H57, and I really don't want to uninstall it. It's a great ROM.

I had this issue once. Went into settings>applications>manage apps>all and cleared data from maps and its associated apps and it fixed it. May help and can't hurt to try.

I had this issue once. Went into settings>applications>manage apps>all and cleared data from maps and its associated apps and it fixed it. May help and can't hurt to try.

I will give it a shot...thanks!!

That one I'm not sure about. I know the full ee19 package has a kernel in it but don't know how much different it is from ec10. After conditioning my battery I'm getting about 12-16 hours of moderate use and about 10-12 of heavy use out of my phone. I also have just the pbjt kernels so if you decide you need to go back to it just let me know.

I had done the *official* update myself, so my Mez would've had the entire ee19 package prior to going H57.

Have you noticed any issues with the OTB kernel? Seems like I read about issues with the camera...??

I had done the *official* update myself, so my Mez would've had the entire ee19 package prior to going H57.

Have you noticed any issues with the OTB kernel? Seems like I read about issues with the camera...??

I'm using OTB and I haven't noticed any camera issues...and I use my camera a lot.

Only time we saw issues with camera it was because there was too much undervolting and BFQ scheduler. Using the settings I posted I haven't had any issues with the camera or anything else really.

HMMM...interesting....just had the cursed "missed incoming call" bug strike. No ringer, no call showing in the call log, but a voicemail. Will have to monitor this and see if it becomes a recurring thing.

So, are there general pros/cons with each the OTB and the PBJ kernels, or just 2 different ways to skin the same cat? Does the OTB kernel have bettery battery life? My phone isn't making it 12 hours today...I'm down to <10% and trying to milk it for all it's worth while here @ work. My battery info says the display has sucked 54% of the power today...

HMMM...interesting....just had the cursed "missed incoming call" bug strike. No ringer, no call showing in the call log, but a voicemail. Will have to monitor this and see if it becomes a recurring thing.

See, that's my concern, and precisely why I did the ee19 update, I literally *have* to get each/every call with our business (funeral home & county coroner)...the majority of my clientel (older people) don't like to and often won't leave a voicemail, so if I missed a call prior to ee19 I coulda been in some bad poo poo. I'm a bit worried, because my brother is on H57v1.2 w/PBJ also and he missed a call from his wife yesterday...however, he didn't do the ee19 update prior to flashing, but after (the drama from a few posts above) whereas I had the update and then flash H571.2 & PBJ.

As far as the kernels go. There is going to be pros and cons with both. In my experience the OTB seems to have better battery life as well as performance but does have some issues mainly if it is undervolted too much. PBJT is a good kernel but on this release of Heinz just doesn't seem to be that great. On previous versions it ran great but on v1.2 it just doesn't perform the way I like. Everyones different. What I would suggest is try OTB for a few days. If you don't like it then you can always flash the PBJT kernel back if need be.

The missed call deal still happens but not as much as before. The thoughts behind this is that there was a fix also implemented in the ee19 kernel and since are current kernels are based of ec10 then we are missing part of it. This hasn't be proven yet but is the line of thought. I don't know if we will see a kernel based off ee19 or not at this time. Most are working on CM7 so that is where most efforts are being put. So only time will tell. If it persist may try odining back to ee19 and doing a clean flash.