Sign in to follow this  

[ROM][V7/1/11] Heinz 57 for Mesmerize and Showcase

My problem is I don't know if mine was updated to ee19 before I flashed H57...I was so excited about being back on android and putting the new rom on that I forgot to check ???

I think I'm just going to monitor it and see what happens.

Another thing you could do is odin the ee19 full package and then flash the heinz no kernel package. You would have heinz but be on stock kernel. If missed call issue still happens then that means something else is causing it.

Tap-a-Talked from my Mesmerize

My problem is I don't know if mine was updated to ee19 before I flashed H57...I was so excited about being back on android and putting the new rom on that I forgot to check ???

I think I'm just going to monitor it and see what happens.

Sounds like a plan. :)

...The missed call deal still happens but not as much as before....

mmm not good. Like chevy454 I can't afford to be missing calls. Having one's boss' calls go to voicemail as if i'm ignoring is not a good career move ???

Gonna have to do some playin' around over the holiday weekend and get things figured out.

I hear ya. If nothing else works. You can try doing the above. Flashing full ee19 then using the heinz no kernel package. That should fix the issue if it really is a kernel problem. I have heard others say they have still missed calls on stock though so I don't know. I don't get many calls and I think even when I was on ec10 I only missed one total and haven't missed any on ee19. If I can do anything feel free to ask.

There was a leaked rooted 2.2 build that was floating around android central before the first uscc 2.2 update came out. I had been running that back in March/april and to my knowledge never missed a call. Its possible I did, and just didn't get a vm. That's a last resort fix though...I really like the H57.

Do you have a link to ee19 in an odin package?

I hear ya. If nothing else works. You can try doing the above. Flashing full ee19 then using the heinz no kernel package. That should fix the issue if it really is a kernel problem. I have heard others say they have still missed calls on stock though so I don't know. I don't get many calls and I think even when I was on ec10 I only missed one total and haven't missed any on ee19. If I can do anything feel free to ask.

Well shoot, I didn't know that was an option?

Question: I did a nandroid of my stock ee19/2.2 setup before I flashed anything, could I restore that, then go to the kernel-less H57?

What version of CWM did you use

also you could just flash the ee19 kernel in cwm. Disable lagfix then flash kernel only package. You will have to reodin cwm after but that is another way. The kernel is the post I linked too

Honestly don't know that one. I would assume since no voodoo sound, color, or lagfix. You would notice a bit of performance difference. The color may not be a bright and the sound wouldn't be as loud. But I would think that would be it. I haven't ran heinz without a voodoo kernel so I can't say for sure. Just remember to disable lagfix before flashing the stock kernel.

Also to delete any voltage settings from OTB

Even though it can be a pain at times, isn't this the fun of Android? :) Tweaking it and making it just right, just yours! Take that, Steve Jobs! ???

Hi Guys, I flashed the full ee19, and then the H57 v1.2 with OTB. Runs great, but is there a way to keep my screen on longer than 30 seconds? I did the 10 minute in settings, but it seems to revert to the TSM screen timeout. If I am reading it gets irritating. Any Suggestions? Thanks for all the things you guys do to make our phones better.

Even though it can be a pain at times, isn't this the fun of Android? :D Tweaking it and making it just right, just yours! Take that, Steve Jobs! ???

Couldn't agree more :)

Hi Guys, I flashed the full ee19, and then the H57 v1.2 with OTB. Runs great, but is there a way to keep my screen on longer than 30 seconds? I did the 10 minute in settings, but it seems to revert to the TSM screen timeout. If I am reading it gets irritating. Any Suggestions? Thanks for all the things you guys do to make our phones better.

I've got mine set to 1 minute, and it gets just under a full minute. I don't recall doing anything other than changing that specific setting from 30 to 1m.

Here is the link for the v1.3 fix. This is just an update that is to be flashed on top of the v1.2. Its small as it only has a framework file. It essentially disables the TSM overide of the screen timeout and makes whatever is set in settings work. This was done by dfgas. I just put it in my dropbox as to help others in case something like this happens.

http://db.tt/ftkLgQl

In my opinion, missed calls are just a part of a cell phone. I don't think kernels or anything else make a difference. I had missed calls clear back on my old razr even. I could be wrong but that's my take on it

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Tapatalk

Here is the link for the v1.3 fix. This is just an update that is to be flashed on top of the v1.2. Its small as it only has a framework file. It essentially disables the TSM overide of the screen timeout and makes whatever is set in settings work. This was done by dfgas. I just put it in my dropbox as to help others in case something like this happens.

http://db.tt/ftkLgQl

How do I know if I have 1.1 or 1.2? The file I downloaded was ...hybrid.v1.1...should I update something else first?

I really thank you. Lots of help here.

I can agree to an extent. A missed call here and there is one thing. I had that back on my samsung a900 blade. But some of what's been reported prior to the ee19 fix was several missed calls every day. So something was deffinately up there. But as to what's going on now. Could have nothing to do with ROMs or Kernels. Really no way to tell for sure though.

Can u change your lockscreen wallpaper under tsm parts

I'm uploading the 1.2 update file now. Will post a link shortley for those still on 1.1 and need it.

Edit. Didn't realize the 1.2 file was in the OP.

No...but I'm also using widgetlocker so I change it there. But I did just see the zip file for updating 1.1 to 1.2...downloading that right now.

I assume disable lagfix before updating to 1.2? Anything else?

No...but I'm also using widgetlocker so I change it there. But I did just see the zip file for updating 1.1 to 1.2...downloading that right now.

I assume disable lagfix before updating to 1.2? Anything else?

I would just to be safe.