Sarcus

Synchronoss TEDC

Well I love my X and really had no intention of rooting for quite a while, that is till I starated useiing my Lg Bluetooth headset. Now when I turn my headset on and it syncs with the X every function of the Bluetooth works great.. But the phone gets into a sync loop! Every 8seconds Synchronous TEDC syncs for 10 seconds and turns off ...8 seconds later syncs again and so on. It only happens with my lg 700. went through customer service to a technician to a Motorola technician just to have then tell me that my LG is not compatible with their phone! Anybody have any like problems or any advice? I really love my headset and want to use it but love to have my batt. last more then 10 hrs

Edited by Sarcus

The TEDC app shouldn't be doing anything since that's used for data tethering...

Maybe just get rid of it? Idk, that app shouldn't prevent you from using it.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

It doesn't prevent me from using my headset... Just keeps syncing. I would love to get rid of it but I didn't want to root.

Shoulda bought something besides a Moto if you wanted root and mod. ;-) tisk tisk.

So the lg headset is making the moto x think it is tethering for data and not a headset? Is that what I am reading? Have you tried to remove and clear data then try the headset again? Something sounds like it didn't go right when you mated the headset with the phone if the phone keeps sync'ing the data tethering blocking app.

Have you tried a different headset? Is the lg Bluetooth signature making it appear to be something other than just a headset...

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 4.1.4

Sometimes you can choose what the device does, like audio wise, both phone audio and media audio.

Idk. Tossing that out there. That's what my truck can do and I can pick what will and won't play via BT

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Well after 2&a half hours on the phone with Motorola and US Cellular the verdict is that the sYnchronoss tedc app is US Cellular's way of reining in on tethering for free. Duh...lol...Motorola says its not their problem Its a US Cellular app US Cellular says they can't do anything about it. Alls I can do is send my phone in for repair but it's going to do the same thing anyway.it's not the headset because I try to brand new Motorola headset and it does the same exact thing.since I haven't had the phone a month they're willing to give me a remanufactured 1 for the $35 cost of shipping wow what a deal!the tec did tell me that none of these problems existed until the updated to anything over the 4.1 version.anybody have any luck trying to get a different phone from US Cellular when something like this arises are they willing to swap out for a Samsung.any idea what I should do comment back I'm willing to listen. Thanks

Well if it is any consolation, the WP8 phones do not have any tedc or tether blocking!!!  

If they do it isn't working!  This has been confirmed here in the forums by the wp8 users...  pure discrimination towards the android devices!

Edited by dBuster

Well I got my new moto x over the weekend and guess what.... It syncs just like my other phone. So now back to the tech support and see where it gets me. If U. S. Cellular is going to use my data and my battery the they should pay for it just like I am!

Well I love my X and really had no intention of rooting for quite a while, that is till I starated useiing my Lg Bluetooth headset. Now when I turn my headset on and it syncs with the X every function of the Bluetooth works great.. But the phone gets into a sync loop! Every 8seconds Synchronous TEDC syncs for 10 seconds and turns off ...8 seconds later syncs again and so on. It only happens with my lg 700. went through customer service to a technician to a Motorola technician just to have then tell me that my LG is not compatible with their phone! Anybody have any like problems or any advice? I really love my headset and want to use it but love to have my batt. last more then 10 hrs

Well I got my new moto x over the weekend and guess what.... It syncs just like my other phone. So now back to the tech support and see where it gets me. If U. S. Cellular is going to use my data and my battery the they should pay for it just like I am!

Tell them they don't block tethering on Windows based phones that you want it off your android. Unfortunately that tedc app can only be dealt with if you root... uscc at its best.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 4.2.4

Tell them they don't block tethering on Windows based phones that you want it off your android. Unfortunately that tedc app can only be dealt with if you root... uscc at its best.

It's ridiculous that TEDC interferes with Bluetooth accessories. It should only block tethering if you don't pay for tethering (which is fair I guess).

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

It's ridiculous that TEDC interferes with Bluetooth accessories. It should only block tethering if you don't pay for tethering (which is fair I guess).

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

I agree 99.9999%

It should block data tethering but not a bluetooth headset tethering or connection...  

But still that doesn't solve why Android devices are being blocked from tethering but windows devices can tether on the same non-tethering plan all day long...

Edited by dBuster

Well I just got off the phone with u s cellular and after going through everything again the rep told me that there's nothing they can do to "fix" the phone. So I told her that they needed to compensate me for using my battery and data. It took 5 minutes to get a 20percent discount on my bill for the length of the contract. :-) I'll probably still root sometime... Oh by the way the two tecs I talked to really did believe that it was a Motorola app. Till I showed them the same app on my daughter's s3... LOL

Well I just got off the phone with u s cellular and after going through everything again the rep told me that there's nothing they can do to "fix" the phone. So I told her that they needed to compensate me for using my battery and data. It took 5 minutes to get a 20percent discount on my bill for the length of the contract. :-) I'll probably still root sometime... Oh by the way the two tecs I talked to really did believe that it was a Motorola app. Till I showed them the same app on my daughter's s3... LOL

Their own techs don't know what they are forcing on us.. Way to go to keep your staff updated...

Good job on the discount!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

How long does it take for Synchronoss to stop tethering? Because I've had wifi tethering turned on for a few minutes now and I'm not getting the pop up message that I remember getting almost immediately on my Note 2.

It should pop up almost right away. Did you do any of the steps to get rid of it?

If you are on the soak test or this I believe is your first time it will work, but the next time you try out I bet it blocks it right away as it was reported to me.

Ah, ok. I haven't taken any of the steps to get rid of it, but the rest of your information helps. Thanks.

Edited by Me_Too