Sign in to follow this  
cdrice15

Kitkat 4.4

A Note to those who may be new to the Motorola Soak testing, beware of how much you leak out while testing...  They have means to know what has been shared...  Plus you sort of agree to a confidentiality agreement when you sign up.  That is why the forum is closed to the general public and only those in the test environment can get to that forum.

Just a word to the wise.  Been on several soak tests for them in the past...  seen others come and go...

Wait, so it is just the soak test that is being released? Or are those updating right now just doing via regular OTA?

I thought it was the soak test... it was mentioned yesterday I believe that they started soak testing...

Maybe Motorola just said release the hounds and let the OTA go live after only a day of testing...  ??

Here's something interesting, and it probably applies in some respect to Moto devices too.  They're probably on a similar system.

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/11/21/android-engineer-explains-why-mashing-check-for-updates-on-nexus-devices-isnt-helping-you/

Basically, since it's a staged rollout, even though it's released you're not necessarily guaranteed to get it immediately.  But in a timely fashion, let's hope.

Our user base is much smaller, so yeah, the timeframe is likely much shorter but the mechanism is probably similar.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Bummers....  on the circles widget...  I never used it on my EM but I know like you others who did like it.

So has anyone found a root yet for this?  Oh wait yes there is a root option, at least I think from my reading yesterday there is...

Has anyone defeated that synchronoustedc on this kitkat version yet?

I'm kind of confused here. Are people who are not part of the soak test getting the KitKat update?

From the sounds of it, there isn't a soak test.  

OR 

those getting it are part of the soak test but don't realize it...

Or, this forum is the soak test, and we are all Motorola. Or, Motorola is you, and the soak test is us. Or, this is the movie about the soak test produced by Motorola in conjunction with Popeye's Chicken.

Or, this forum is the soak test, and we are all Motorola. Or, Motorola is you, and the soak test is us. Or, this is the movie about the soak test produced by Motorola in conjunction with Popeye's Chicken.

HMMMMMM chicken

Watch I'll get my notification right after I leave for work and I'll have to sit there all day waiting to get home to install it

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Try turning WiFi on and off and rebooting - I've gotten it to go by doing this.

Reboot with WiFi off then on and toggle it on and off...

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Try turning WiFi on and off and rebooting - I've gotten it to go by doing this.

Reboot with WiFi off then on and toggle it on and off...

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Didn't work oh well I'll get it eventually

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk