Sign in to follow this  
cdrice15

Kitkat 4.4

I'm kind of confused here. Are people who are not part of the soak test getting the KitKat update?

From the sounds of it, there isn't a soak test.  

OR 

those getting it are part of the soak test but don't realize it...

No, there is a soak test (That info is publicly available: https://plus.google.com/+PunitSoni/posts/MrtAXodb1NY)... can't say more than that though. It was pretty evident if you were included or not.

Edited by doctorcaligari

No, there is a soak test... can't say more than that though. It was pretty evident if you were included or not.

I would have thought there was a soak test. Having been involved with them before.

Tell Matt to keep up the good work. Wish he would get back on an issue with the electrify m but I am sure he has his hands full.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4.2.5 - non pro version.

Edited by dBuster

Yeah definitely was a soak test. I got the email that it had started and to expect an update.

Posted Image

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Wait till there soak test locks your boot loader an you can't root ROM or otherwise...

I have an unlocked boot loader and it stayed that way post- soak test. Just letting everyone know.

Wait till there soak test locks your boot loader an you can't root ROM or otherwise...

I have an unlocked boot loader and it stayed that way post- soak test. Just letting everyone know.

Eh, it brought back memories of the Motorola Electrify when they did the soak test, they locked everyone's boot loaders.

No update on my wife's Moto X. Just checked. But I'm good, I have a privately built 4.4 ROM on my S3, LOL. Guess I'll just keep checking.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

My wife, and her brother (he has one too) got it this morning. I can't see a difference except the word icons and transparent bars. Enabled ART, can't really tell if it's faster.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk