crimpshrine

KitKat 4.4

I wouldn't look at that as confirmed. That just means the will announce stuff later. Like oh nevermind we're sorry here's $100 if you upgrade to another one of our devices.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Hmm. The M wasn't good enough for 4.2 or 4.3. I'm betting the status will change to no upgrade like the original Electrify.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Hmm. The M wasn't good enough for 4.2 or 4.3. I'm betting the status will change to no upgrade like the original Electrify. Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

I'm not saying they can't change their mind or anything but I don't know why they would announce they were upgrading it and then just cancel it. I'm sure it will be upgraded.

I spoke to a store employee who told me that KK is definitely coming in mid-to-late March.  He also said to expect a lot of Moto X-like features, such as always on voice commands and a close to vanilla Android experience.

They don't know anything. You can't trust them as a source. Only from us cellular or Moto directly.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

I would say that the lower system requirements of 4.4 make this update more likely.

Edit: it likely won't have the always listening feature as that depends on the X8 processor architecure...I wouldn't trust that guys information.

Edited by Nioz

I turned it off too, I was having it turn itself on upwards of 5 times a day. I hear that has something to do with setting it up saying "OK google" instead of the full phrase "OK google now".

I have my listening on and went through the setup process and the only time it wakes up is when I actually ok Google now. Never have I had it respond when I wasn't trying to get a response

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

I was invited to soak test but I haven't completed the registration yet since my m is in a drawer as a back up to my x if anything ever went wrong and I don't think I would have the time to properly participate in the soak test.

I was invited to soak test but I haven't completed the registration yet since my m is in a drawer as a back up to my x if anything ever went wrong and I don't think I would have the time to properly participate in the soak test.

Same here. I suppose I could switch back to test, but who wants to "downgrade". For that matter, who's to say it's not 4.2.2 or 4.3?

Same here. I suppose I could switch back to test, but who wants to "downgrade". For that matter, who's to say it's not 4.2.2 or 4.3?

Well they said we would get KitKat on this phone, so let's hope they're not lying to us!

Edited by crimpshrine

I can say now it is very close to being here, but that's all I can say!  :)

Fish, all I have to say is, make sure it's a bug free release! lol

I could still do it and only put it through the paces on Wi-Fi only but then I wouldn't be fully testing like I feel it deserves to be tested

Not sure.  But I am not sure if I will know.  Even though I ran RSD lite and flashed my phone back to stock, my phone still reports back to Moto that it is rooted, and their servers will not OTA to rooted devices.  I am not sure why it shows it's rooted now, but they say it does.