crimpshrine

KitKat 4.4

Have you posted on their forums? I thought we had rooted testers in the past... They need to get you the update some how. ....

If they are testing now, barring any major issues it should be within 2 weeks giving my past experience testing for Motorola

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

It appears like it could be "up to a month" of testing.

@fish2222 - I also have an unlocked device that I RSD'ed back to stock but haven't seen an update.  

Kitkat??? Is that a synonym for "maybe" or "perhaps"? Moto or Phone company doesn't seem to care about customers anymore when it comes to software update. As long as it works without major flaws. I'm tired of waiting for that matter. Time for me to switch to Sammy or LG.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Google doesn't seem to have anything unrelated to chocolate as a synonym for KitKat.

Idk tho, just what a Google search came up with.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Phones don't report rooting to anyone. Revert to stock and root is removed.

Sent from my law defying Moto X using Tapatalk

This is also correct, the phone doesn't tell anybody that has been modified unless somebody sees it, you will remove root by reverting back to stock, but if somebody has their hands on the phone there are still ways to tell after 4.3.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Still not sure that is true. I had my electrify 2 rooted, and there was test run of software that I was to participate in, but I couldn't until I rsd'd it back to stock. After that they told me they had to change the flag in their system so it would push the test update out since rooted phones reported back and were flagged in the system.

Still not sure that is true. I had my electrify 2 rooted, and there was test run of software that I was to participate in, but I couldn't until I rsd'd it back to stock. After that they told me they had to change the flag in their system so it would push the test update out since rooted phones reported back and were flagged in the system.

That's an *entirely* different scenario - outside of beta testing *IF* they can see that you've modified it, they wont care until something comes up and you need warranty to be upheld.  

Some of the posts in this thread are from those actually doing the soak tests of the new release coming soon...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Doesn't have any posted dates, probably outdated article from stoneage. Moto needs to sell more hardware so they wouldn't bother to update any software. My trust is gone.

Doesn't have any posted dates, probably outdated article from stoneage. Moto needs to sell more hardware so they wouldn't bother to update any software. My trust is gone.

Not sure what you're trying to say? We will probably be getting the update in the next few weeks. We have people on this message board testing it as we speak.

Not sure what you're trying to say? We will probably be getting the update in the next few weeks. We have people on this message board testing it as we speak.

My mistake. The article was posted on april 2014. Anyway, hope it comes out soon. Thanks for update on testing.

Nun fo u

Sent from my real Moto X using Tapatalk

The keyword is if, not when...

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

I'm starting to believe this now. Is the M the only Motorola product left without a KitKat upgrade now?