crimpshrine

KitKat 4.4

I can not speak for anyone else but as far as my Electrify M upgradsing to KitKat made a huge improvement to the phone and I am quite pleased with it

I saw the message for the first time yesterday.  As my ISP's link can be a little bit slow:

4119982488.png

it might take about 12 hours or more do download the update which is stated at 634 MB.  The best my ISP can offer here is 512 kbps.  I figured I would do it over 4G and checked my account this morning and the new billing period began at midnight.  ARRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!

I guess I could just do it and use about 35% of my monthly allotment right off the bat.  I don't think I've ever gone over 500 MB in any one billing period so USCC actually owes me.   ;)  Yeah, right...

Heh, just checked my phone and it had already downloaded the update by this morning.  It's installing now so I guess I'll find out in a few minutes.

Ok so, here's a question....

Just for kicks I dug out the old EM to check out the update. Checked for the update and it was available, cool, downloaded.

It is unlocked and was rooted so I figured I would try to keep root and update things. Didn't work of course. Oh well. ::)

RSD back to stock JB but now it is saying their is no update available. Is their some way to force the update or download and update it manually? Or do I just need to wait for a bit and see if it comes back?

Just for kicks I dug out the old EM to check out the update. Checked for the update and it was available, cool, downloaded.

It is unlocked and was rooted so I figured I would try to keep root and update things. Didn't work of course. Oh well. ::)

RSD back to stock JB but now it is saying their is no update available. Is their some way to force the update or download and update it manually? Or do I just need to wait for a bit and see if it comes back?

Rebooting the device every so often could help

Sent from my XT1093

Sent from my XT1093

Thanks. I will keep trying.

Just for kicks I reset it back to ICS to see what it would do. It updated to JB. =o

Just check for update again but still says none available. Oh well, no hurry 8)

Sent from my XT1093

Thanks. I will keep trying.

Just for kicks I reset it back to ICS to see what it would do. It updated to JB. =o

Just check for update again but still says none available. Oh well, no hurry 8)

Hello,

im Having same issue. Have you got the KK update notification yet?

I had PAC ROM.

RSDlite -> 9.8.2Q-50_SLS-7

Now its not showing any available updates. Not even the Maintenance Release 9.8.2Q-50_SLS-13

Hello,

im Having same issue. Have you got the KK update notification yet?

I had PAC ROM.

RSDlite -> 9.8.2Q-50_SLS-7

Now its not showing any available updates. Not even the Maintenance Release 9.8.2Q-50_SLS-13

I didn't get to check last night but as of 2/17 it was still showing as up to date.

I'm actually not sure what release mine is. I will have to look when I get home.

Sent while swerving from my LGG3 using tapatalk

I got 9.8.2Q-50_SLS-14_SUSAUnlockable_solstice_1FF_fb.xml.zip from http://motofirmware.center/files/file/463-982q-50-sls-14-susaunlockable-solstice-1ff-fbxmlzip/

RSDLite.

Immediately got the update notification after reboot.

Now on 4.4.2. all ok. no problems.

Thanks.

This worked =D

I tried fastboot instead of RSD this time but I got the notification right after reboot.

Cool O0

:thumbsup:

But now I am unable to flash custom recovery(to root).

I have unlocked bootloader.

While flashing recovery getting below ->

---------------------------------------------------------------------

fastboot flash recovery '/media/mint/D/a/recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.4.4-xt907.img'
(bootloader) Variable not supported!
target reported max download size of 31457280 bytes
sending 'recovery' (7948 KB)...
OKAY [  0.695s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  1.729s]
finished. total time: 2.424s
----------------------------------------------------------------------

still unable to boot into recovery.Gets stuck at bootloader unlocked warning screen.After hard reboot boots normally.

Also tried TWRP

After reboot i guess stock recovery is getting flashed.

Dunno what "(bootloader) Variable not supported!" means.

How can I get root?

Thanks.

:thumbsup:

But now I am unable to flash custom recovery(to root).

I have unlocked bootloader.

While flashing recovery getting below ->

I used TWRP 2.8.3.0 found here when I did my "Electrify M - Lollipop Experiment":  http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/51942-recoverytwrp-2800-09-14-14/#entry454250

And this is the XDA post that got me there:  http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=56420813&postcount=28

Edited by JohnB

Got the TWRP from above link.

flashed it. worked perfectly. got root. installed xposed!

Thanks a lot. :)

Time,

I've sent a PM.

Time,

I've sent a PM.

Hey,

I have it somewhere on home pc.

Let me find it and i will upload it/give you the FTP details or something..

Time,

I've sent a PM.

Hey,

I have it somewhere on home pc.

Let me find it and i will upload it/give you the FTP details or something..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lb9m9pqgak5cdlb/9.8.2Q-50_SLS-14_SUSAUnlockable_solstice_1FF_fb.xml.zip?dl=0