Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HipKat

Phantom Voice Mail Notification

10 posts in this topic

Haven't had THIS problem since the Evo...

Got my S4 today (Thanks to the S3 recall), rooted, still totally stock though. Got a voice mail. Listened to it, deleted it. Can't get rid of the dern notification >:

Ideas?

Is there a list of the bloatware that's cool to remove?

Edited by HipKat

Leave another voicemail, retrieve it, and then the notification usually disappears. That happens to me all the time of I check voicemail while roaming.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

bignick1215 and HipKat like this

Call your voice mail back right after hanging up and it should go away. I had the issue since my s2 and I did it on that phone and my s4.

Most of the time you don't have to go all the way back into your voice mail to make the icon disappear. Just dial out and let the lady start talking and you're good.

That didn't work, so I got someone to leave me a VM, listened to it, deleted and the notification went away. 

You have to wait when you get off VM. Press 7 to delete, then press # to exit. There'll be a beep when it disconnects and this clears your notification. You can speed it up by pressing # repeatedly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

You have to wait when you get off VM. Press 7 to delete, then press # to exit. There'll be a beep when it disconnects and this clears your notification. You can speed it up by pressing # repeatedly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I never knew that

Edited by HipKat