xonone

MJA update: Whats seems to be new!

Something is better that's for sure... I'm at my son's basketball game at their school... Could never get and service never mind 4g,now I have 3 bars, 4g and movin and groovin, nice!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Something is better that's for sure... I'm at my son's basketball game at their school... Could never get and service never mind 4g,now I have 3 bars, 4g and movin and groovin, nice!

I'm getting better service in my room at home it's crazy

Ya i used to get 1-2 bars in my room at home, now im getting 4-5 its awesome (or its just a placebo)

btw, anyone else notice the water ripple effect is alot worse now?

Can anyone define the Knox apps that you have to hurry up and delete? And can anyone define how long hurry up might be in real time?

Alright so is there a way to flash just the modem yet? I'm on aokp 4.3 right now. I'd love the signal improvements of course, but I have no desire to go back to touchwiz and deal with rooting and flashing again just for that.

I know on my old mesmerize I could just Odin the radio. is that possible here?

Alright so is there a way to flash just the modem yet? I'm on aokp 4.3 right now. I'd love the signal improvements of course, but I have no desire to go back to touchwiz and deal with rooting and flashing again just for that.

I know on my old mesmerize I could just Odin the radio. is that possible here?

Green has a walkthrough on how to flash just the modem. Put that in the phone slot in Odin and wham you're good.

Suggest everyone read this for starters...im playing catch up as ive been super busy :

http://omegadroid.co/wanted-knox-void-warranty-0x1/

Somehow last night doing testing on a test phone i tripped the new eFuse to read:

KNOX Warranty void: 0x1

Causing a real PITA ..once again the new bootloader truly is f&cking bs from samsung.  Luckly im still on MD9 bootloader on my main phone..but for starters this test phone is highly jacked up

EDIT:  Full stock MJA restore from ODIN worked fine and its back up, but not sure yet if since the eFuse is blown now if i try and go to an older firmware and come back if it will work...basically i was testing a Full stock prerooted like I normally do and a rom from WountTight and the thing just got messy with some wack errors: 

Recovery is not ENFORCING, set warranty bit: RECOVERY

and

Set warranty bit : kernel  (which just bootlooped on WTs test rom....)

Edited by droidroidz

Suggest everyone read this for starters...im playing catch up as ive been super busy :

Somehow last night doing testing on a test phone i tripped the new eFuse to read:

Causing a real PITA ..once again the new bootloader truly is f&cking bs from samsung. Luckly im still on MD9 on my main phone..nut for starters this test phone is highly jacked up

Ah well we all take risks when flashing :-)

Somehow last night doing testing on a test phone i tripped the new eFuse to read:

Causing a real PITA ..once again the new bootloader truly is f&cking bs from samsung.  Luckly im still on MD9 on my main phone..nut for starters this test phone is highly jacked up

how do you get 0x1?  I'm rooted custom recovery cwm, and flashed my wifes phone and her efuse isn't tripped...

I think it happen when I tried to test my normal full odin prerooted mja with cwm image .. i forgot to delete the KNOX apps out of the /system image which was silly looking back but not sure why an app would do that and not the bootloader itself.

Edited by droidroidz

I tried to update to this, but my phone I guess realizes it's been modified and won't let me. Is there a flashable version yet?

We have the flashable modem yes. Look for greens walkthrough.

That is just the modem though. I think he has a full update as well.

Edited by Zenzr293

After a full day of running 4.3 I gotta say battery life is improved over 4.2.2 and Netflix is alot better due to 4.3 code changes. Wanam xposed is fully working and multiwindow no longer causes contacts to crash! Perfect update imo. Now to test out Cm10.1...

Sent via SCH-R970 S4 /w MJA 4.3

I dont see why not. Its pretty much the same build. Make sure not to get the 4.3 AOSP kernels!

Edited by xonone

So long as you don't get an aosp kernel yeah I would think its fine lol.

Side note, new radio seems to be wonderful. Even though I'm only picking up one bar I'm in a huge building near the basement (the rave in Milwaukee for Metalfest) and I swear I've never had any signal data or not here. I approve.

Edited by Zenzr293

I gotta tell you, coming from the S3, a better radio than what I have now in MF5 is hard to fathom.

Example. Everyday I drive form Peoria, IL to Bloomington, IL; about 40 miles. Normally, I lose 4G about 15 miles out of Peoria. Today, first trip with my bone stock/rooted S4, I made it to just outised Bloomington before I lost it.

Also, battery on the S3, in a typical day would be down to about 40% by the time I get home. Today, the S4, even using Co-Pilot to find some small town south of Bloomington, I got home and the battery was at 82%.

Better than that is amazing to me

Maybe its the placebo effect. But I've had data almost anywhere o walk in this building, which for me is impressive to say the least.

Edited by Zenzr293

I lost the modem file any idea where the link of again the one I found is dead

Sent from my SCH-R970U using Tapatalk