Sign in to follow this  
Ace3166

Get Motorola Circles widget on your Moto X

post-3611-0-62132600-1384194974_thumb.pnpost-3611-0-23088500-1384195029_thumb.pn

*****NOTE: Circles widget does not work with Android 4.4 Kit Kat, the launcher still works.*****

If your like me and had the Electrify M and missed the Motorola circles widget along with the weather app and the better icon layout as well as settings screen while swiping to the left, here you go.
This also has the "add a screen" rather than being stuck with a bunch of screens you don't use.

It is really easy to do, even a dummy like me figured it out.
Go to the following website on your Moto X and download these 3 items:

http://getandroidstuff.com/razr-m-launcher-circle-widgets/

Razr M Laucher apk

Razr M Circle widget 3D apk

Razr M Weather apk

It as simple as going to downloads folder on your Moto x and installing, then look for Circles widget in the widget area and move to screen.

The stock launcher remains on phone and you can switch back and forth if you want to.
When you press the home button, it will give you the option of homescreen(Razr M launcher) or Launcher(Moto X Launcher)
If you want to stick with one or the other, you can select "always" and it will go back to the launcher you selected.
If you want to get either or back after selecting "Always", there is an app in the Play store you can use to do this, called "Launcher switcher"

ENJOY!

Edited by Ace3166

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I'm a 2nd shifter, so I rarely use the alarm and it's been so long since I had my Electrify M, I didn't remember the settings.
I do some messing around and tried disabling the stock clock app, but that did nothing. there has to be a missing APK.

Edited by Ace3166

Yeah I'm not sure where to go from here... I'm glad it's working as well as it is thanks.. If you do figure it out let me know... I'll keep looking into it too thanks again

Well I lost circles with Kit Kat upgrade. Widget won't load. tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything. No luck.

Edited by Ace3166

Well I lost circles with Kit Kat upgrade. Widget won't load. tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything. No luck.

Are you using ART or Dalvik? Some apps don't play well with ART yet.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Tried both, no go. for some reason the widget thinks the RAZR M launcher is a 3rd party launcher. I get the error message of "The circles widget is not compatible with 3rd party launchers".

Waiting on someone to come up with the apk's for the new Droid Ultra 3D widget and launcher. Maybe that will work.

Edited by Ace3166