na7q

[SUPPORT][4.4][KITKAT] CyanogenMod 11

using it from bru. I think hes the reason we can get it for our device. Am I right? couldn't find it on CM

I am currently running a build of his but if you go to the link there are 12/11 and 12/12 builds on CM's download site.

You have to use an app to generate the MD5 and then you have to manually edit the MD5 file in the CWM backups.

I am currently running a build of his but if you go to the link there are 12/11 and 12/12 builds on CM's download site.

COOL! didnt know CM was finally pumping out official CM11 builds for us! that means I can halt production on my server at home and stop eating so much of my storage & bandwidth! ;) 

yay, happy fun times! 

So who want to try out the CM build and see if it works as well as bru's?  I'm at work and probably should mess with it right now.

im home from work today, i may have the opportunity to try, although if its not broke why fix it? what is it listed under? last time i checked our device wasn't there

I put the link to the r950 page up in post #122....

ok i may try it later. i did try brus omni rom and i lost root. tried to go back to a bunch of other roms and since then i have been in bootloop city. if i get back from there i will try your link.  

yeah, omni you have to flash supersu after flashing the rom and gapps for it to have working root. I've stopped my server from building cm11. I'll leave the source on my build machine, though. just in case. ;) 

the cm nightly works fine near as i can tell. here's a question, i was backing up with Titanium and when it was done i no longer have a status bar and my wallpaper is completely black and it wont accept any new wallpaper. what happened?

the cm nightly works fine near as i can tell. here's a question, i was backing up with Titanium and when it was done i no longer have a status bar and my wallpaper is completely black and it wont accept any new wallpaper. what happened?

Sounds like you were backing up a system app or something. Usually when you do this it needs to FC certain apps to back it up. Otherwise, that's a weird thing to have happen!

Sometimes with the 4.4 I have noticed that it can hang at the Samsung s4 screen. If I hold the power button briefly it goes to the animation and proceeds as normal. Figured it out accidently.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

TWRP doesn't work. Just try flashing an old nightly that works and then dirt flash a new nightly.

Does anyone have a camera with photosphere working on CM11? I tried to flash the camera from the PA GAPPS page but it gives me a message that only nexus devices are supported. I had photosphere on a previous rom. Ideas? 

FYI, I've had camera issues with the latest January 2014 nightlies.  The earlier builds kept having occasional FC (using restart camera apk has helped workaround that).  The latest builds (recent as of 1/7/2014) there is a focus problem when taking photos.  You can tap to get perfect focus, but when you actually take the photo, it goes out of focus.  It's more pronounced when you do macro/closeup shots.

I saw this Galaxy 3 user thread with the same issue here:

http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/85493-camera-wont-focus-cm11/#entry435301

which references the original thread here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2505973

I didn't flash the OmniRom-Fixed_camera_Lib_for_focus_and_flash_V1.1.zip but rather manually extracted and replaced the camera.smdk4x12.so and restarted.  Everything seems to work perfectly.  No FC (as yet) and perfect focus for photos and video.

From the OP, it sounds like the open source camera HAL is still a bit of work in progress.  I posted this because I haven't seen the upcoming nightlies including the proposed fixes yet.

Edited by durango99

Getting crap battery life for several nightlies now, screen taken while using 02/06 CM stock kernel/kernel settings, recently reset

Devil kernel has not been helping battery life on CM, so I didnt reflash it. I was getting 3x (if not more, cause TW was idling at <0.5%/hr often) better overall battery life, especially idle on stock TW 4.1.2 with devil kernel. While currently this battery life is almost as bad as stock TW 4.3.

I suspect it's gapps based on what I've read elsewhere, screen was taken using the gapps on cyanogen wiki, gonna try a more up to date one from the other thread on xda

post-2940-0-78967100-1391838485_thumb.pn

post-2940-0-92845200-1391838526_thumb.pn

post-2940-0-46552700-1391838768_thumb.pn

Edited by 190100

watch out for this joker. complains of bad battery life when he's actually getting good battery life.

comes in the chat thinking roms and tweaks are all about him and what they can do for him. him him him. nothing is perfect buddy.

if you can't accept it. then you should move on and find better things in life that actually make you happy.

Edited by na7q

Getting crap battery life for several nightlies now....

You dropped 40% in 16 hours?  I fail to see how that's bad. Maybe it's not mind-blowingly good, but this is AOSP. 

NA7Q: *accept.    see the below examples: 

I have accepted the reality that I'm a grammar nazi

-vs-

I like all vegetables except the green, orange, white, and yellow ones. 

;)

Edited by bru_1 (W4NJE)

Haha. I know. I've been having brain meltdowns. No idea why I put except.

Sent from my law defying Moto X using Tapatalk