na7q

[SUPPORT][4.4][KITKAT] CyanogenMod 11

ive been busy for a while but i need help. no not money no not a shovel...cm 11 has NOT been running smooth....crashing app problems. I've been having a lot of apps crashing problems. when i say apps its apps that connect to the internet like google, amazon, tsto, etc.  They boot but once i sign in or access bookmarks or right when it boots it crashes and restarts. Ive tried clean install of each rom version, factory wipe, clean catch and data of apps, turned off adblocking, tried the stock launcher.  Any clue what I did or didnt do? the best nightly was back 20140118. it worked well with tsto. aaaaahhhhhh  huuuu saaaaa

the restarting is not constant. its random. but when it happens it wont stop. like bookmarks through chrome in the cloud reload over and over.

How the eff can I go back to 2/28 without wiping? These are unusable and a dirty downgrade just causes a reboot loop. I updated like an idiot because I actually believed that pompous butthole na7q. Without first updating my game backup. -_- I asked you if the new versions were good for a reason. FFS.

Edited by 190100

Easy there Cletus, no need to get so worked up. Maybe these builds run perfectly stable for NA7Q. Not all devices are created equal, some may run better than others. I'm going to flash a couple of them and test them out, since there seems to be so much fuss about it. 

I think you answered your own question. If you've tried to downgrade and got a bootloop, then it would appear you can't dirty downgrade. That's why it's always recommended to make a nandroid before trying anything. then you could restore your nandroid, update your game backup, and then wipe and flash the older build.

You're an adult, your actions are your own. Don't get mad at someone because they didnt bend over backwards for you. NA7Q maintains several ROMs, and probably isn't even running CM11. I doubt he thoroughly tests (if he tests at all) all of the builds he shares, I know I don't test most of the crap I build. 

OH, and CM11 is supported & built BY CyanogenMod, not NA7Q. He's just posted it here for us. So if you're having issues with CM11, and you're not getting the help you think is deserved, go to the CyanogenMod forums and complain to them. 

EDIT: btw, NA7Q, you should probably update the main ROM thread of CM11 with a link to the CyanogenMod download page. It still links to SBrissen's unofficial build for us from last year.

Edited by bru_1 (W4NJE)

How the eff can I go back to 2/28 without wiping? These are unusable and a dirty downgrade just causes a reboot loop. I updated like an idiot because I actually believed that pompous butthole na7q. Without first updating my game backup. -_- I asked you if the new versions were good for a reason. FFS.

Just shut up already!!! You do nothing but complain and exaggerate all these issues. Probably because you like complaining! Everything works fine aside from the multiSIM crap that is messing us up.

Word of advice, pull your head out of your butt and stop updating. How hard is that to do? I'm still on a 2-18 build I made of my ROM. Guess what? It's 100% stable. Not one issue to be found.

Sent from my law defying Moto X using Tapatalk

Oh and I fixed the thread a lil bit. :P
But I'm sure Willy will have something to complain about still. He just can't seem to pull his head out :-\

We can't meet his unrealistic standards of perfection. 

Sent from my law defying Moto X using Tapatalk

Edited by na7q

Wow.  I'm not sure how personal attacks are going to get you help from anyone in this forum or any forum for that fact.

If you don't want to rely on anyone for help, why don't you just check http://www.cmxlog.com/11/r950/ and watch the nightlies changelog and wait for things to die down before you download one.  Read the XDA Sprint and Verizon Note 2 forums for what people are seeing for issues.

Be happy that your device is getting regular updates and has CM11 developers.  Otherwise, live with TouchWiz.

i did not see the drama train coming.  im not with him. "those are bebe's kids." 

so what im deducing is ive dirty downgraded, imported saved app settings and not deleted after upgrades.

so it sounds like i need to go back and do a full clean install of cm11. maybe even if i have a stable backup on the sd card. and reinstall apps, without any saved settings, at least at first, and do a factory reset at the end.

Does that sound about right?

19001109901190 or w/e his name is exactly the reason we have to be so PC "politically correct" and post the little warnings on the initial thread page that says 

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Edited by mcgleevn

Fyi, I clean flashed the 3-8 build and the radio is jacked still. The ROM is fine, but I guess it's this multi SIM stuff.

NA7Q, do you have an older working copy you can share for folks to use in the meanwhile? If you've already shared a link forgive me not checking.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

Edited by bru_1 (W4NJE)

And this is why I never used nightlies...

The main question I saw was, "how do I go back to 2/28 without wiping?"  You don't unless you made a backup like you should every time, wipe it, restore backup.... ;)  I had tons of dated ones on the off chance I did try nightlies

I got no backups. I just recommend using my last ZenROM release if nobody else has a copy. Since it's perfectly stable.

Sent from my real Moto X using Tapatalk

ok where was I. that was weird.

So I did a full clean instal, without deleting my data this time.

I did a factory reset wipe, dalvik cache wipe and cache wipe BEFORE and AFTER the reinstall of the latest CM11, nightly-2014-03-09, and G_apps.

I skipped most non vital apps in the auto instal and I am entering in most sign-in/log-in information manually and NOT using any settings back ups. 

Again day zero was 2014-01-18 because most updates past that date were having problems with connecting tsto so i dirty-downgraded. it was that initial dirty downgrade along with who knows what other updates, app installs and system changes etc.

i do enjoy some of the system tweaks and updates over the last couple of months

printing seems to connect better and other small system things.

thank you

all for now

ok still getting the app reloading problem.

it seems to be related to cellphone signal going in and out even if im connect via wifi data.

as the cellphone icon goes on and off the apps are restarting with it.

any ideas?

190100, something you wrote in your post you should read back to yourself loud, slow and clearly. If you are going to be so whiny, don't flash so much. Stick with stock. Just because na7q or anyone reports something, realize that your mileage may vary.  

http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/89546-apn-not-specified/

and na7q says nightlies cm11 are "stable" ::)

These nightlies have pretty bad qa, there's always something breaking, and it's been big a few times like this one.

at least for me, 3/05 had terrible drain and kept connecting/disconnecting/searching for service constantly, actually had to factory reset and wipe system to get an older version to work.

2/28 is stable. 3/07 has another relevant  telephony change - anyone tried it? stable, no service problems, odd wakelocks in bbs, etc? after the work 3/05 put me through I'm hesitant to randomly update anymore.

ok still getting the app reloading problem.

it seems to be related to cellphone signal going in and out even if im connect via wifi data.

as the cellphone icon goes on and off the apps are restarting with it.

any ideas?

I think that's the radio problem that the rom has been having. When I tried it earlier today, I noticed that the radio kept going to no signal, then showing signal, but never getting data before the signal went away again. The phone was also really sluggish and I never even opened any apps. 

Best bet is to use an old build (I think mid-Feb and back was good) until this issue gets fixed. Or, as NA7Q suggested, download his latest build of his ZenROM (CM11 based). It runs REALLY well! It's essentially CM11 with some nice tweaks added in. 

Yes thank you for the confirmation. I had a feeling it was more then my blind daft muddling.

Im had downloaded the other cm11 varient and was trying to decided which way to go with loading. Phase 2 Likely Monday.

I did a backup of 3.09 if I go back to cm11 to try future nightlys. Ill have to lookback and see if I have other cm 11 backups or at least clean instal with 01.18 update. Thanks again.

LOL. hey dude man. if you have issues on updates. it's always recommended to factory reset.

apparently you didn't know that with what you were saying in the chat room. this applies to any ROM.

LOL. hey dude man. if you have issues on updates. it's always recommended to factory reset.

apparently you didn't know that with what you were saying in the chat room. this applies to any ROM.

Well mr genius, it was a clean install, not an update. :rolleyes:

LOL. peanut brain no undastand. y u no undastand. cuz u haz peanutz brainz? i no can haz watermelon.