ALymelife

USCC iPhone LTE speed tests

Question

Hey all,

I didn't see a topic on this yet. I was just curious if some iPhone users would post speed tests while on LTE. Given that the iPhone uses cellular band LTE I;d just be curious to see how it is holding up versus the 700 mhz network of King Street.

Where I work there is still no 4G so I went into a coorperate store and played with a 5s and ran a basic speed test on dslreports and the connection was quite lackluster. Just curious to see how the 800 mhz LTE network is holding up as I think that will be the band we ultimately end up using in this part of New Hampshire. Thanks guys.

58 answers to this question

Hey what's with 4g in Omaha? My s4 has been on it for a couple of weeks and my wife's 5s just started today but it has been off and on all day and it just says LTE not 4g LTE.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

So Apple has to be different than everyone else. Well thanks for the quick reply.

4G right now is marketing, LTE is a mobile standard which phones are using for faster data connectivity.

Right. Like gsm networks indicate "4G" but its not. Its HSPA(+) - not 4G.

There's one kind of 4G and that's LTE - everything else is HSPA

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

It would appear the cellular Lte is a bit slower. Anyone have the ability to decipher if they are using a 5th or 10 mhz pipe

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

It would appear the cellular Lte is a bit slower. Anyone have the ability to decipher if they are using a 5th or 10 mhz pipe

It's 5x5mhz

post-4365-0-20370600-1384665286_thumb.jp

Anyone else thinks it should say USCC instead of U.S. Cellular in the upper left? I think it looks dumb the way its crammed in there.