ALymelife

USCC iPhone LTE speed tests

Question

Hey all,

I didn't see a topic on this yet. I was just curious if some iPhone users would post speed tests while on LTE. Given that the iPhone uses cellular band LTE I;d just be curious to see how it is holding up versus the 700 mhz network of King Street.

Where I work there is still no 4G so I went into a coorperate store and played with a 5s and ran a basic speed test on dslreports and the connection was quite lackluster. Just curious to see how the 800 mhz LTE network is holding up as I think that will be the band we ultimately end up using in this part of New Hampshire. Thanks guys.

58 answers to this question

It stayed on extended pretty much all through NH.

Did it stay consistently on extended LTE ? My S4 every so often has the roaming indicator and 4G I think it's just a bit of delay with the 3G radio is on verizon and the 4g stays locked on. Just my guess.

Cool speed test ! Manchester isn't too far from here 40 minutes or so. I was talking to a Fairpoint(Local telephone company) lineman the other day who had come in to get a 4s for his daughter was telling me about how he was just up working on the mountain near us installing fiber to the towers (I think he said it was a uscc but he did confirm they were using fiber back-haul in this area as opposed to bonded T1's or T3's or microwave which is a good thing of signs to come. He really strongly felt wireless was going rule the area for broadband given how crappy the rural DSL is around here and how expensive it is to lay fiber. Anyway just some good news for the future of LTE around here I think the Manchester speed test confirms it. When deployed the cellular LTE will be good in this area.

Oh and he said AT&T and Verizon were all over fiber and then Us cellular. He kind of laughed at Sprint he said they were dragging their feet.

That really interesting to hear about the iphone staying on extended. Anyone else have any notable feed back regarding speed lack there of 4g general coverage reliability ? I'm finally starting to notice my LTE stalling a bit here and there. I really wish we would offer the LG G2 I beliebe that's the model as it utilizes band 5.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

The speeds seem to be pretty variable. This was a test I did with full signal. I was 1 block away from the tower. I have noticed not all of USCC's towers are upgraded with band 5 LTE support. My signal levels are consistently a lot higher on 3G and voice.

post-4365-0-73086400-1390928170_thumb.jp

I did a test with my daughters iPhone and my GS3 side by side. I got 28 MB and 30 MB on my 2 tries and hers got 4.6 MB and 4.65 MB . We are less than a mile from a tower.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

I just did tests back to back multiple times on the multiple servers with my dads s3 and an iPhone 5s. The s3 seemed to be consistently about 3mbps slower than the iPhone

e2uba2a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My speeds have been terrible. With 5 bars of LTE I'm getting download speeds of .78Mb. My brother convinced me to try an iPhone but I'm ready to jump back to android. I need to be able to use my phone to access internet for work and if I'm not on wifi I can barely get my phone to go anywhere.