Sign in to follow this  
MattO

Any news on an HTC phone?

After my s3, and using my s4 now, I'm about samsung'ed out. Anyone have any news of uscc picking up the pieces with HTC ever again?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Not that *I've* seen - but it seems the sheets between Sammy and uscc are quite comfortable. Lol

I hope they broaden their horizon because this knox crap is out of hand.

Not to mention their habitual use of that ugly green that hasn't changed since the Vikings set foot on US soil. Seriously, that theme is older than dirt. Bout' time they do something.

Us Cellular ended their partnership with HTC, Huawei and RIM a while ago. Choices are between apple, Samsung, LG and Motorola then off brands like ZTE and kyocera. I'm hopeful to get a high end LG, the G flex looks interesting.

Gr33n said his lg rocks. And I wouldn't mind seeing a windows phone at uscc, but I'd never have one. Good for the average user though I guess.

Lol, we have a windows phone

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

not NOKIA ;-)

However i believe NOKIA is GSM only, but they could carry the HTC 8x.

Edited by gr33nd3vil

True, that would be nice to see.  Heck, I might even get one if my only other choices become KNsamsungOX and iphone.  Who knows

True, that would be nice to see. Heck, I might even get one if my only other choices become KNsamsungOX and iphone. Who knows

I may not get another Samsung, but I'll go Motorola wayyyyyy before I go windows phone. A buddy at work had the 8x, and he hated it coming from an HTC incredible. Not the incredible 4g, the old vzw incredible. He said you can't even download a file on windows mobile system from the internet.

True, that would be nice to see. Heck, I might even get one if my only other choices become KNsamsungOX and iphone. Who knows

I may not get another Samsung, but I'll go Motorola wayyyyyy before I go windows phone. A buddy at work had the 8x, and he hated it coming from an HTC incredible. Not the incredible 4g, the old vzw incredible. He said you can't even download a file on windows mobile system from the internet.

His download probably went to a desktop somewhere...  or even a tablet of the windows flavor since they are so intertwined...  But not to his phone...  

I must be behind on my tech news.... Can someone point me to some good reading material on Knox. I haven't read anything bad about it after a Google search.

I must be behind on my tech news.... Can someone point me to some good reading material on Knox. I haven't read anything bad about it after a Google search.

Search the forums here for KNOX and read up what has already been said here.  That is what I would recommend for some light reading to get you started..

I did a quick search...  only searched the forums for KNOX

Edited by dBuster

I'd love to see another HTC but it won't happen.

Say what you will about Sense, their build quality was always impeccable: and they use real materials. Metal, Glass, Rubber.  

I love the hand-feel of the Desire and the Merge is damn-near bulletproof (if you don't drop it on an exposed corner).

That said OEM contracts are apparently expensive, in terms of minimum buy amounts to get one made in your LTE bands, and HTC just doesn't sell well enough to be worth the significant investment.  

Same story with Blackberry (nee RIM), they just wrote off a billion in un-sellable BB10 phones, so USCC isn't about to take the risk of having a warehouse full of devices that they cannot sell and have to take a bath on.

I loved the build quality of the HTC's. I also didn't mind Sense, It was the lousy reception that made me give up on them. Anything after the Touch Pro 2, was less than impressive.

This really is too bad.  I've got a HTC One from work and it's a terrific device (I prefer it to the S4).  Unfortunately, I don't think HTC is doing all that well with their latest devices, for whatever reason.