Dano1Z

(OFFICIAL) CM 11 Nightly

62 posts in this topic

I tried to flash a nightly the other day with the correct gapps, and it wouldn't get past the boot animation.  The animation didn't freeze or anything, but it would just keep going forever.  Anyone else have this issue?  I haven't tried anything newer than the nightly from 12/7 so maybe I'll give it another shot.

Also, I thought I read in somewhere that you can't flash with TWRP and it has to be done with CWM.  Is this still true?

Which boot loader are you on? The next nightly will be fixed for newest boot loader version.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Any fix for wifi yet?

I had the same issue on mine. I was trying to go from CM 10.2 nightlies to CM 11 and it would just spin and spin. You have to start from scratch. Clear data/cache, clear dalvik, format \system. Then it worked for me. If you want to keep anything it will have to be backed up on your own. 

I went from dirty unicorn to cm 11 clean flash and I had the problem I guess I need to do it again thanks

Question about Titanium Backup.  I am going to flash from 4.3 to the 12/12 nightly here shortly and have backed up a lot of my apps on TB.  When I upgrade to 4.4 am I going to run into the same problems I had when I upgraded from 4.2.2 up to 4.3???  Does it go to a different folder like it did going from 4.2.2 to 4.3?

Also read on one of the CM 4.4 threads that I needed to have radio version MF1????  I am on MD4 and have looked but haven't found and zips to flash to MF1.  Can somebody help me out on that?

Trying to save me some potential pain..... :)

Edited by CyBrian

Question about Titanium Backup.  I am going to flash from 4.3 to the 12/12 nightly here shortly and have backed up a lot of my apps on TB.  When I upgrade to 4.4 am I going to run into the same problems I had when I upgraded from 4.2.2 up to 4.3???  Does it go to a different folder like it did going from 4.2.2 to 4.3?

Also read on one of the CM 4.4 threads that I needed to have radio version MF1? ???  I am on MD4 and have looked but haven't found and zips to flash to MF1.  Can somebody help me out on that?

Trying to save me some potential pain..... :)

I'm running the MJA radio on CM 11 (4.4) without issue.  So MD4 should be just fine.  I didn't have issues with CM 11 before I upgraded my radio from MD4 to MJA.

What advantages are there when you update to MJA over MD4?

Edited by CyBrian

Well I am sick and not too happy with myself.  I flashed this rom with the 11/19 gapps like it says to, made sure I had the latest CWM and made a backup.  Got the rom flashed and loved it.  Then I thought I would try and update the radio to MJA.  I found a zip file in another thread and downloaded it.  I read through a good chunk of the directions and figured I was good to go.  I go to to flash it and it appears to flash correctly.  I go to reboot and it is stuck on the screen with the blue android dude and doesn't go any further.  So I pull the battery and try rebooting again......same thing.  So I pull the battery and then go in to recovery mode and panic and decided to flash the R530UVXAMB1 update.  I should have restored my backup.

Well long story short, when I went to reboot nothing.  Can't power up the phone at all..... No lights when I plug it in....... no nothing.  Stupid  $*& me bricked my phone.  Turned it in on insurance and will be getting the replacement sometime next week.  It's my own damn fault.  Now I have to use a Samsung dumbphone until mine comes in.  That'll teach me to keep trying to make a good thing better.

Which file did you flash? That could've been your problem.

The phone isn't bricked if it goes into download mode.

Which file did you flash? That could've been your problem. The phone isn't bricked if it goes into download mode. Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

The file I found was called the "md4_to_mja_ota_update_2.zip".  I definitely want to figure out what I did so I don't repeat the step when I get my replacement so thanks in advance for that.

I tried holding the power button and nothing happens.  I tried holding the power/volume up/home button and nothing happens.  I tried holding the power/volume down/home button and nothing happens.  Pretty sure whatever I screwed up by flashing the zip above, I royally screwed up by flashing the mb1 firmware zip afterwards.

Where did you find that zip? afaik, there isnt a working MJA package at ALL. NA7Q is working on a cwm-flashable MJA stock ROM (no radio or bootloader), but I think there's even issues with it. So that begs the question, where'd you find that? 

Ah.  I see what happened.  You updated your whole phone to MJA (TW 4.3), but used a method to restore a phone that was bricked by Odin?  This installed the Knox secured bootloader and made it impossible for you to Odin back to any firmware earlier than MJA.  For future reference, modem files are only a couple MBs.  

Man, I'm sorry that happened.  I know the feeling though, when you really want to get your phone up to date and will do just about anything to get there.  

I just noticed this:

The ironic part is that the instructions you followed were the exact method to recover your phone from being softbricked by doing what you did (trying to Odin older firmware on a Knox-secured bootloader)!  This, my friend, is true irony.  Not any of that Alanis Morisette bullcrap.

Edited by BorNX

Is there any word on WiFi? I flashed 12/13 nightly and cannot turn on WiFi the button is grayed out but if I go into WiFi it just says "turning on wifi" I wiped cache and davlik. did not factory reset however, do I need to do a factory reset before flashing? came from Cm 10.2 yesterday

If you're coming from CM10.X, you NEED to do a full wipe. If you're coming from an earlier build of CM11, then you can dirty flash. 

EDIT: but, of course, if you dirty flash and have issues, always do a full wipe/reflash/wipe data again, then see if the issue persists. 

Edited by bru_1

Thanks Bru_1 as I thought I will go give that a try

EDIT: Yup that worked. Should have Known better :) 

Edited by ArticFox

Has anyone's rear camera broke recently? I can take 1 pic then it freezes up and if I try to open camera again it says can't connect to camera. A reboot fixes it until I try to use it again. I installed a camera app from the play store and that works fine.

It may be due to all my dirty flashing.

Just tested mine with multiple camera shots & it didn't freeze.

Ugh, thanks. Guess I'll have to do a clean install when I get the time.

Ugh, thanks. Guess I'll have to do a clean install when I get the time.Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk
I'm on yesterday's build & just came off a full wipe from 10.2.

Battery percentages are not reporting right on the latest nightly (12-17-13). The fully charged led light is lit constantly the status battery icon is showing full. Also, the battery tile on quick settings pull down doesn't not show & in about phone status the battery reports as 4082%. Anyone else seeing that?

Other info: I am on lk 9.1 & several blacked out apps.

EDIT: reflashed cm & blacked out apps & battery is working correctly now. Must be lk 9.1/cm conflict causing the issue.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Edited by grad