Dano1Z

(OFFICIAL) CM 11 Nightly

I bet it's ugly :P. And I miss things like volume rocker music controls, the new CM theme engine (it's made of magic), and the intuitive settings layout, including quick settings. Status bar brightness slider. Uncluttered notification shade. Slim reminder. The list could go on forever.

But most importantly I need a phone that's a phone. :(

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Yeah I have strong 4G at home and at work so I'm dealing with it for now.

Edited by zoodski

I'm in the same boat. Poor signal at home. So things like the latest cm bug are deal breakers for me. Same thing happened on my note when I had it. I thought it was due to the multisim garbage. The low signal part would explain why some were effected and others weren't.

When are they going to fix this? I went insane thinking I was the only one that can't flash after 3/3 nightly

Utter rubbish, pathetic... why can't they just revert it?

I am on CM 608 nightly and been with them for quite sometime. I had to perform factory reset to get it to work good. Using MB1 for radio, but have minimal LTE at home, wife has S4 with AT&T with no problems. 90 % of my use is on WiFi but have just about given up because dropped calls at home, should have over a year ago. Upgrading soon. To me CM and any ROM is a hobby you put in time with some satisfaction, but mostly a time waster.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

I'm on NF3 bootloader I believe, which I believe is the last version that was released. Does anyone know which version of Cyanogen I can install? I've tried the latest d2usc builds and get assert failures during installation from within TWRP, so perhaps they aren't compatible with that bootloader. ??? I tried a d2lte build and it installed fine, but I get baseband unknown and no audio at all, which is happening with some other roms too. I've tried flashing the NF3 modem afterward on the other roms and the d2lte Cyanogen, but it still shows unknown baseband and no audio.

I'm on NF3 bootloader I believe, which I believe is the last version that was released. Does anyone know which version of Cyanogen I can install? I've tried the latest d2usc builds and get assert failures during installation from within TWRP, so perhaps they aren't compatible with that bootloader. ??? I tried a d2lte build and it installed fine, but I get baseband unknown and no audio at all, which is happening with some other roms too. I've tried flashing the NF3 modem afterward on the other roms and the d2lte Cyanogen, but it still shows unknown baseband and no audio.

Why not just flash the latest stock tar for the s3?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

That's what I've done. I'm currently on stock NF3. I'm going to retry flashing a 5.1.1 SlimLP from XDA and/or that same Cyanogen build that I tried previously. Both ROMs had no audio and "baseband unknown" after I installed them previously.

12 minutes ago, Ignotus said:

That's what I've done. I'm currently on stock NF3. I'm going to retry flashing a 5.1.1 SlimLP from XDA and/or that same Cyanogen build that I tried previously. Both ROMs had no audio and "baseband unknown" after I installed them previously.

I had an S3 for about 2.5 years, up until Fall 2014.  I never ran TouchWiz from the moment I gained the courage to root the thing.  At the end though, for the last ~6 months of its life, somebody upstream in CM borked something that only affected d2usc's baseband somehow shortly after they "unified" as d2lte.  Signal and data would essentially toggle off every 45 seconds or so, dropping the call you're on, missing calls all the time that went straight to voicemail, interrupting music streaming, failing downloads, and pretty much rendered the phone useless.

I went back to stock TW and modified it heavily -- debloating, deodexing, deKNOXing, and Xposed with Wanam made the phone surprisingly... usable again.  TW wasn't so bad when you can remove the fat.

Moral of the story:  you're gonna have problems with a USCC S3 on AOSP in mid-2016.  But there are things you can do about TW to make it bearable, and if it is less broken doesn't that by default mean it's more better?

Cm actually fried my s3, it kept doing the signal thong you mentioned and I let it sit for a day doing it. Came back to the phone being smoking hot, couldn't get the radio to work after that. The unified builds definitely did something...

Agreed that debloated tw was ok

Sent from my SM-G900R4 (klteusc) running CM13 5.22.16 official with xposed