Sign in to follow this  
JohnB

ROM Converter for the Electrify M

I released a couple attempts at stable LTE to no avail, just got my new dev machine today. Im Getting it set up now. Maybe I could compile a couple, but why, when JohnB is putting good work into the converter? I will at least be using me new machine to work on LTEHelper, or the intentional obsolescence thereof.

Edited by ekylypse

@cdiamond - I apologize, but I'm confused by your constant posting.  Look around xda-developers.com and droidrzr.com in the "XT907 / RAZR M" specific forums for "custom ROM's".  As ekylypse pointed out, find ones that require and "unlocked bootloader, etc." and don't bother with the "based on stock...."  Then using the original post in this thread, install the ROM, flash the "converter" and come back with your findings.

As I said, sorry if I sound "annoyed", but the constant asking about this and that is not helping anyone.  You chose to root and unlock your phone, we'll try to point you in a direction, but no one can "hold your hand".

(end rant)

You chose to root and unlock your phone, we'll try to point you in a direction, but no one can "hold your hand".

This. If you intend to run a custom ROM on your phone, Reading is very important. Much of this has been gone over -- some of it with you. It's very frustrating to come back to multiple one-line questions that are answered here or elsewhere on the interwebs.

As you so kindly pointed out: 

@ JohnB But is it possible to make a full flashable converter for the m?

It isn't an all-in-one solution, yet; however, it is a solution, and one that is under active development. If you don't like the way it is now, then wait. 

My bad g

+3.3 Points to Griffindor!  That puts you at 7.

Edited by ekylypse

@JohnB - The only reason I would flash it right now is for the eri.xml. It seems great. Simple shell script running sed to replace numerical and alpha operator values. Copy libraries, copy eri, copy apn. 

You're so close to finished!

Yes, my phone carrier always says "Verizon Wireless", but it doesn't bother me. 

@JohnB - The only reason I would flash it right now is for the eri.xml. It seems great. Simple shell script running sed to replace numerical and alpha operator values. Copy libraries, copy eri, copy apn.

You're so close to finished!

Yes, my phone carrier always says "Verizon Wireless", but it doesn't bother me.

Actually, you also pick up apns and voicemail notification.

I messed around more with setting "RUIM and CDMA/EvDo", but might be stumped.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Great News!

OP Updated:

Version 0.3 up - should now set RUIM (thanks to ekylypse)

http://teamuscellular.com/Forum/topic/6114-rom-converter-for-the-electrify-m/

You set the default network type to cdma/edvo, yes? Also, you assuredly did a data wipe so all databases were built again?

If so, give your phone a break. You've probably been flashing a lot. :)

EDIT: When you post it on xda, my name on there is '815turbo'  blackbeard

EDIT2: I think you should consider checking for the settings db and if it exists(someone rebooted after installing the ROM without flashing the converter) change the CDMA subscription mode in the database with the sqlite command that I had posted above.

Again, Phenom.

Edited by ekylypse

CDMA / EvDo should be set. As for wiping, it gets "cache and dalvik", not sure if that catches the database your talking about. I suppose that could be done with a basic "remove", but would that bother anything else?

On another note, @ekylypse could you send me the latest and greatest LTEhelper. I'd like to create another version that automatically sets LTE/CDMA.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

"Factory reset" wipe /data/ without removing /data/media/ <- ruim set after that?

I will send you the latest & greatest, but the latest isn't the greatest. Give me a couple hours. It FCs when you press the power button in call. It restarts the app, but annoying to have to push 'OK' to answer the phone.

I'll also hide it from the app drawer. Its unnecessarily in there.

Edited by ekylypse

I don't think I want to do a factory reset.  There is always the chance a user will get everything setup via WiFi and then realize "oh ya, I need to run the converter".  I will have to look into either sed (although I don't know if that will make the database file corrupt) or maybe include the sqlite binary in the zip file.

OP Updated:  http://teamuscellular.com/Forum/topic/6114-rom-converter-for-the-electrify-m/

Ver 0.4 - sqlite3 binary packaged in converter zip and now sets RUIM - CDMA/EvDo before or after booting the installed ROM

@ekylypse - LOL - I don't know if I should thank you or "curse" the (fun) mental stress I had figuring this out.  The sqlite idea worked, but the command you suggested was incorrect (at least the best I could figure out with my whole hour of "sqlite self training").  What I finally got to work is...

/tmp/sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "UPDATE global SET value = '0' WHERE name = 'subscription_mode';"/tmp/sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "UPDATE global SET value = '4' WHERE name = 'preferred_network_mode';"

Obviously using the included sqlite3 from the zip.  Now, we have the "groundwork" laid for making an "LTE" converter as we can set the mode appropriately.

@JohnB - never mind the first part, then. That's all I was going to do using sed.

sqlite binary seems like its not in the recovery partition. If you mount system & data partitions, its in /system/xbin/sqlite3.

run_program("/system/xbin/sqlite3", "/data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db", "insert into global values(null, 'subscription_mode','0');");

That should work. 0 is what my current setting is.

This initially said "I suppose 'update' would be more appropriate than inserting a new row;" however, I ran the command in the terminal...err... ran sqlite3 in terminal and inserted a new row and it took right away. ID had been auto-increased and everything, So I took the quote out hoping not to confuse you. Bummer.

EDIT: Honestly, learning SQL syntax is a very good(and pretty simple) thing to do. Good for you. +10 points. I've been giving them all to you, it seems.

Edited by ekylypse

OSE Rom 4.4.2 for the XT907 tested and working.  Noted in the OP.

Other than cleaning up some code, I think I might start a thread at XDA to see if there are other "testers".

Okay, Mr. John B.

I have for you a new LTEHelper I took out the things i had been playing with, and since i have my dev machine up, I will be trying to build and fix the issues.

Just a moment and I will edit the post with the APK. I'm about to put it on my device and ensure it's stability on my end.

EDIT:

Looks good. Only tested for a few minutes. I also built a KK Rom(XT901), but I'm not releasing it. I want to use JohnB's LTEHelper Converter on every XT907 ROM out there!

http://titanroms.com/upload/LTEHelper/

JohnB, I sent you FTP details a while ago if you want to have a place to upload your files, friend. :)

Edited by ekylypse

Guys i flashed a CM11 M2 and rom converter.4 , but i cant get the data running at all.

I didnt flash the GAPPS at all . Is this problem exsists on all roms ?

Guys i flashed a CM11 M2 and rom converter.4 , but i cant get the data running at all.

I will look into the CM11 source; however, I believe the cdmaSubscription build property should be valid. it was just patched into 10.2 I believe. 

There is some potential to flash the converter AFTER your first boot up and have that set the cdmaSubscription in the Settings Database if it didn't stick when you flashed before first boot.

Try a couple of versions earlier (i.e. nightlies) - I also tried the M2 and did not have data.

@ekylyspe - I should have time to take a look at the LTEHelper this evening.  Hopefully I can get a fresh flash and test tomorrow all day.

I meant to say thanks for this converter it is really working well. I'm using carbon ROM 4.2.2 wit no probs

Great! Just curious, have you tried MMS?

I have had an LTE version in the works, and will probably release soon.