Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dark Reality

Billing issues continue into 2014

29 posts in this topic

I thought the billing issues with TOPS and whatnot were over and done with, but I guess not.

We just got a bill last month for over twice normal with no overage claimed, they just acted like they didn't get our last payment, even though they took it out of our account. And just now they've done it again. The bill is triple and they claim to have received no money, yet again they took the money out (wife pays over the phone with a debit card). So again we will pay the normal amount, but this billing thing is getting silly. They're not cutting us off so there's that.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 4

therealtoddster likes this

Thats nothing my usual bill is about 300. This time $4905

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk

Omg.

Yeah. I think I'd ask them to explain that to me. I wouldn't eve try to talk my way out of it, just be like "so...exactly how is that my bill, I want specifics"

Watch the jenga puzzle tumble.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Yeah. We definitely need to go in and talk to them. I should triangle away and Odin back to TW and bring up my signal issues as well. Maybe they make me take MJA, hopefully they actually do something worthwhile. Don't even want an S4. S3 does me mighty fine, just has poor reception. Between Samsung, Knox, and some of Google's crap, I'm starting to wonder if the grass isn't greener under the apple tree... Just get a Nexus tablet for Android. /sigh /rant

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 4

My bills are still about a week behind. The last bill I got is due on the 12th and should be due on the 7th. Personally, I would have preferred a double bill to solve them being behind as opposed to a bill every 3 weeks.

I just got a double bill and I'm current. It is/has gotten old.

They had to put in a ticket to fix it. Very nice about it and openly the guy just said my entire bill was a cluster. Im giving them a few more days before I call again.

I waited over an hour and a half last week to receive a call back from customer service. I had actually forgot about my original call by that point. This tells me that, despite the press TOPS is still not fixed and is generating high call volume.

What is bad for USCC is that while I am not having any issues with billing (knock on wood). I had an unacceptable response time from CS due to TOPS issues. I hope for their sake that they really get it fixed soon before folks figure it out and leave.

Folks have figured it out, you should see USCC's Facebook page. It may not be bad now like it was before. I think people have been leaving, and quarterly numbers will show that.

- Sent from my iPad Mini

I am a week away for my original due date for Jan. Should be right on track with Feb. bill

Going to be giving AT&T a test run starting next week for a month to see how their service is here.

My bill is normally $170. Out of the blue it was $1650.00 they claim its not getting deducted but I have paid it each month on time. Its getting to just be a headache that isn't worth it anymore.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

I wonder if this is regional, I'm in Iowa and have had very little billing issues, one bill that didn't show payment, the rest since then have been fine . (Finding a big piece of wood to knock on as we speak)......

I have not had a single incorrect bill...

Same here (knock on wood)...

We have had some strange ones, being less than what it is supposed to be but we kept paying the normal payment and we are good now.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

I signed my 3 kids up for phones in august and have had to call each month since then because of billing issues. Double billed, not recognizing payment, Ive called ever month and the pin# and security question is changed every time, wrong amounts, extra charges (data charges for 2 dumbphones)...but my favorite is when they shut off all 3 phones the very first month because they changed the due date and the account was past due by a few hours, they reactivated them and credited me some since it was their fault, but I still got hit with close to $30 of extra taxes because of the screw up.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

USCC is still dealing with TOPS billing pains?! CS went to sh!t right after that got implemented too.

Edited by Bojangles

Has any of the us cell reps here had a lot of problems with accounts being switched to a temporary migration plan.. I switched my old plan to a new one adding my in laws to ours to save a little bit. Got my December bill and it was $4905. It's been a month and they can't get it fixed. And on top of that my note 3 has been acting a little weird with bad signal and dropping calls. Called in to switch to my old mega and they can't even do that because of the ticket being stuck in the system. Very fustrated. I've spent hours on the phone and keep getting promises that it is being escalated.

Anyone been billed for incorrect data amounts? We have a business account with 6 lines, and this month 1 of our lines was just shy of 6gb...my line showed 3.6gb. The screwy thing is a couple months ago my line showed I had used almost 6gb, but I don't leave my data on unless I'm using the phone, as im on call 24/7 and can't leave on a call with a dead battery. Ive never been a big data user, as my previous totals for several years had never been over 2gb...uscc advised me to install a data watchdog app, and its showing well over a 1gb *less* difference than what uscc is showing.

I don't know if the data is tied to the billing part, but they've screwed that part up each month since october so im wondering is thats the issue.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

We had issues with 3 lines on our accounts. My personal lines had screwy data usage as well. I got credits on all  of them but am going to watch it like a hawk. They said my line only had .25 gb usage of a 2 gb plan and I use 1 to 1.5 regularly, but it looked like they put my data onto one of my other lines, forcing it to go over it's 2gb. Going to leave if it happens again, it makes 3 months in a row of them making billing errors I caught. Had them record my last conversation and got them to verbally agree on it that if the continue to bill like this, they will allow me to leave EFT free. Most likely they didn't record any of it and that empty promise will  go away as well. Some of their phone reps will say anything to get people off the phone.

Is anyone else still having billing issues? mine started back in November when we added my in laws to our account. 5 smartphones and 4G b on data with a employee partner discount. Should be 270 plus tax and minus the discount. We have gotten bills for $4000, $2000, $1000, $467 and so forth. I kid you not over the past six months I have probably spent 24 hours working with customer service and customer relations. After speaking with them on Monday and being assured everything was right in the system my emailed bill came up last night with about $ 580. They tell me my lines are stuck in a pay as you go plan? I've begged them to fix it. In general I have no problems with us cellular. I really don't won't to go and have to pay for new phones. I have a note 3 and my wife and her mother and my mother all have note 2. We all like our phones. I told customer relations today that I was going to give them 1 more month to have it fixed and if it did not I was pulling at least 3 of the lines and I would not pay a etf. I asked her to note the account. Anyone else have any luck getting out of the etf fee?

I haven't got to that point yet, but they are definitely still having billing issues. Last month they didn't take my auto pay payment and this month I didn't get my employer discount. Not to mention I can't check my data usage on their website because it hasn't showed up since last august. I have to call them near the end of my billing cycle to make sure no one is getting close to going over. I've also spent a lot of time talking to customer service the last several months.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

I haven't got to that point yet, but they are definitely still having billing issues. Last month they didn't take my auto pay payment and this month I didn't get my employer discount. Not to mention I can't check my data usage on their website because it hasn't showed up since last august. I have to call them near the end of my billing cycle to make sure no one is getting close to going over. I've also spent a lot of time talking to customer service the last several months.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

I recently went to battle with US Cellular about the inaccuracy of the data counter online. Last month, my son's line received a text saying that he was at the data limit of 5GB. I called customer service to confirm, and they assured me that he had not reached the limit. On the last day of the billing cycle, I called again to confirm, and the rep I spoke to once again assured me that the line had not gone over the data limit. Sure enough, when I received the bill, I was billed $200 for a data overage of approximately 900mb. I was furious, yet I kept my composure, and explained the previous two calls. She immediately removed $100 from the bill. I explained that this a good first step, but that I didn't believe that I should pay for an overage, because of the inaccuracy, and the fact that I was told TWICE that there was no overage. My call was transferred to a higher level, and they removed the entire amount. As a result, I just upgraded one of my lines (daughter) to the S5. Had they not adjusted the overage, I was sure to move all 4 of my lines to a new provider!

jerry12 likes this