Sign in to follow this  
yakaaithiri

New OTA update for Electrify M

Hi Guys,

I am getting a new OTA notification for the system
Android 4.1.2 98.22.14.XT901.USC.en.US

Does this update break anything ? ... Do any one having this version already ? ...

Can i get root after updating ? .. Let me know.

Here's some links for you, and 4.1.2 has been out for a while.

However - I think that the ORIGINAL 4.1.2 update was 98.22.13 - so it could be a very minor update.

Moved to discussion

Links:

http://teamuscellular.com/Forum/topic/3691-jb-update-experiences-opinions/

and

http://teamuscellular.com/Forum/topic/5156-any-word-on-jb-4243/

Second one doesnt have much to do with the 4.1 update, but it's relevant. 

I'm still on the 98.22.13 version. Tried to do a manual update but got nothing. I'm curious to know what changed on this version too. Any other M owner got a notice of this update too?

I haven't gotten notification either.  However, for some strange reason, after all this time of having since before the 4.1.2 update with the Synchronoss TEDC disabled, it has somehow become re-enabled all by itself and now I can't tether.  I thought maybe my phone upgraded itself, but it is still on 13.  I do know though that when I was a beta tester on the 4.1.2 update, Motorola had the ability to see that the phone was rooted and I could not get the update until I un-rooted, so that may be why some of us have not seen the update yet.

After disabling some apps and re-rooting, I see some noticeable performance increase in the update. Haven't came across no screen flickering, Been receiving better coverage signal, and smoother app transitioning. I believe this update is worth the download. :)

Edited by Kir6y

Did you get the ota update even when rooted?

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

I flashed my mobile with the .13 sbf file after messing up on something.

Once i flashed, i got this update notification.

So when manually downloading the update from the page that yakaaithiri posted, did any lose anything from their phone? Also, did anyone lose the free hotspot option?

If you update that way, you will lose everything. And yes, you will lose the free hotspot too. You will have to root to get it back. The only way you won't lose everything is to get it ota. The update may take away the free hotspot option too, if the update unfreezes it.

Edited by fish2222

To clarify what I said before... When I started playing games on my fones and start using apps more, the flickering came back so no the update didnt fix that sadly : (.

I was rooted until 10 minutes ago and I didn't get a notification.

I just RSD'd back to 4.1.2 and instantly after booting phone and entering my Google Log In I got a notice to update to .13. I did.

Upon reboot I do not get a notificiation to update .14. I tried OTA update via settings and nothing. 

The problem is, and I posted this earlier, is that they seem to flag your phone if it's rooted and you will not get the ota update until the flag is removed, which may or may not ever happen, from what I've been told from one of the moderators at the Motorola forums.

This is what I was told by the Motorola Forums manager on the .14 update. 

"There are two slight variations in the update based on when the phone was sold. It's 99.999% the same and it's likely you will see that variation going forward when we update."

The only thing I see different so far is the kernel version, so I just wonder if that is the only change, for whatever reason.  It also makes me wonder if there was a chipset revision at some point along the way and that is why some phones are getting the OTA update and some are not.

Edited by fish2222