Sign in to follow this  
barndawg76

Worst Phone I've Ever Spent Money On

We bought four M's last May and we just recently lost the third one, all to shattered screens. One of them had terrible memory issues and another started getting blue dots on the screen after a month and was returned and replaced. These phones have totally convinced me to never buy Motorola again.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that. Personally I have not had any issues with any Motorola device I have ever owned. Hardware wise. Maybe the old Motorola flip phone issues I had were a sprint issue back in the day ten years ago.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

No issues here either. Had 3 of them for over a year and all were flawless. Not Motorola's fault that phones weren't taken care of and dropped.

I would have to disagree !!

I always keep one Electrify M for personal usage just for the time when i dont have any phone  , before that i used it for few months and my wife too

its a small little power packed phone( DYNAMITE in my view LOL ) , and i loved it , i bought a couple of Ems from ebay for two of my colleagues and none of them is unhappy in any regard.

On the Contrary , Moto is known for one of the best build quliaty and solid hardware ,

Its just by chnace that you landed so many duds :(

No issues here either. Had 3 of them for over a year and all were flawless. Not Motorola's fault that phones weren't taken care of and dropped.

One phone fell from a height of about 5" off of a lower shelf of a night stand. Unacceptable.

I've dropped my s3 numerous times, without a case, over the past 18 months and it barely has a scratch.

And I have missed putting my electrify m in my pocket and that is what close to a three foot drop onto concrete and no damage to it.

You must have just been unlucky and got factory seconds?

I've dropped my s3 numerous times, without a case, over the past 18 months and it barely has a scratch.

Yeah and also has crappy reception and data issues. Worst phone ever.

Sounds more like you have a problem dropping phones to me, and not the phone itself. I would suggest a descent case to protect them a little bit. The phones are not designed to be droped from any height. They aren't even a mil spec phone. I absolutely understand your frustration, but if you are having those kinds of problems, it really doesn't matter what phone you get. Saying that one phone survived a drop over another is like comparing car crashes of the same car. They are separate and unique situations. As for reception though, that could be a number of issues but I doubt it is the phone. It is more than likely the service in your area. Motorola phones have better reception that most other brands in my opinion from the several I have(electrify,moto x, Quantico). My current personal phone is the s4, but those have done better signal wise always. 4g sucks where I live, so I very much empathize with your situation though. Don't take my comment too personal, just my thoughts and opinions.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

I have 4 em's on my plan and all have been great phones. My daughter has a cheap case on hers and drops it all the time. It still worked flawlessly up until she just upgraded to a iPhone 5c. Her moto was far better for reception than the 5c and is way tougher. She dropped her 5c last week and the screen actually popped out of the phone. Luckily it popped back in with no issues.

I'm just saying 3 of the 4 I purchased were junk and that has really turned me away from Motorola.

Edited by barndawg76

Sounds more like you have a problem dropping phones to me, and not the phone itself. I would suggest a descent case to protect them a little bit. The phones are not designed to be droped from any height. They aren't even a mil spec phone. I absolutely understand your frustration, but if you are having those kinds of problems, it really doesn't matter what phone you get. Saying that one phone survived a drop over another is like comparing car crashes of the same car. They are separate and unique situations. As for reception though, that could be a number of issues but I doubt it is the phone. It is more than likely the service in your area. Motorola phones have better reception that most other brands in my opinion from the several I have(electrify,moto x, Quantico). My current personal phone is the s4, but those have done better signal wise always. 4g sucks where I live, so I very much empathize with your situation though. Don't take my comment too personal, just my thoughts and opinions.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

I didn't say anything about reception. Memory and overall durability were the issues.

Edited by barndawg76

Can't say I ever had any serious issue with my EM but I had a diztronic case on it.  I dropped my note2 from about 3 foot LCD first and it never had a scratch thanks to the case.  The glass on the LCD is very thin and will not hold up to much.  I did have an issue with a cheap micro SD card but a better card solved the issue

Watch out for some of these guys...

Sent from my law defying Moto X using Tapatalk

My wife and I both had EM's for a while before going with the X. Two days before we got our new phones I dropped my EM from my coat pocket to the concrete with no case. Had a ding in the silver casing (on the top right corner no less, where you'd think would be most susceptible to landing there causing stress & cracking on screen) but no damage of any kind to screen or phone internals. Worked perfectly, just had a small ding in casing.

I'm responsible enough to never drop my cell phone.

That being said, only Motorola I gave up on because of a hardware and software issue was the big lemon called the Electrify! I've had a M and it was adequate for my needs then. JMO

Sent from my cup on a string using Tapatalk Pro

Only problem I had with original electrify was it shutting off. found out it didn't like being too close to computer, laptop or metal. That 's why it was shutting off.  when i kept away from those items, never had a problem after that. Had it for a year and a half and my son had his for 2 years. He now has a Note 2 and all kinds of problems, but refuses to give it up because of the big screen..smh.

Only problem I had with original electrify was it shutting off. found out it didn't like being too close to computer, laptop or metal. That 's why it was shutting off.  when i kept away from those items, never had a problem after that. Had it for a year and a half and my son had his for 2 years. He now has a Note 2 and all kinds of problems, but refuses to give it up because of the big screen..smh.

Strange, I don't have many issues with my Note2.  For now it has problems connecting to my home wifi since upgrading to Android 4.3, I like the big screen too

Lol. The note 2 is the best phone and has received the least amount of complaints over any other phone. Watch out for ace there Jeremy. He's a hardcore apple.. I mean Motorola fanboy. Best phone I've ever owned. Especially with this screen size (:

And there are hardcore Samsung fanboys here also... Hint hint

Unless it's you I haven't seen any.

I am somewhat neutral. I have had 3 motorola smartphones, 2 HTC and the Note2. The only one I hated was the Merge

HTC makes some good stuff. Any brand of low end is never good :P