DaveW1950

Roms for gs4 mini?

Because so very few people got the phone.

Some of the devs may make one or two, idk, but that's why. Not many people have it.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Or a stock ROM I guess is what I meant. Where you looking for one particular? Do you know if Cyanogenmod supports it?

I would like to find a modded 4.4 since I am on 4.2. I really don't want to take any OTA updates.

So far cyanogen has nothing for the R890. I tried loading cm11 but it errors out saying my device is a serano 3g. It is actually a seranolte.

I will keep looking. Not a major deal since phone is working great.

BUT, having found that, we can probably port it to work for our phones - IDK how to do that, but since the leg work is already done it shouldn't take much to make it work for ya.

I can talk to na7q and see what needs to be done, if that's what you want. Or you could message Woundtight and ask him to make a modded stock Rom too.

I can talk to na7q and see what needs to be done, if that's what you want. Or you could message Woundtight and ask him to make a modded stock Rom too.

Thanks, that would be great. I will also send a message to Woundtight to see if he has some time to look at it.

I seen cm11 for this phone on cynogenmod downloads but idk if it is for this carrier or not

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

I don't have a s4 mini and don't know anything about it. I'm a regular s4 user but what about this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2669991 I know most of the time US Cellular follows in sprints footsteps as far as phones go. At least they did with the my experience with the uscc s2 which ran perfectly with the sprints epic 4G software on it and the uscc S4 runs perfectly with sprints S4 software on it so I'd say give the sprint s4 mini software a shoot. Just remember to make a backup you can restore if anything goes wrong.

I can confirm this works,I flashed clockwork recovery for the sprint version then flashed CM11 for sprint and alls working on my S4 mini.

I can confirm this works,I flashed clockwork recovery for the sprint version then flashed CM11 for sprint and alls working on my S4 mini.

What version were you running before you flashed? Can you link to the CW you used and the CM11 you used?

Edited by gehidore

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2669991

ROM and recovery are there. Good luck.

Sent from my law defying Moto X using Tapatalk

[edit] Also found that 4G seems to spike in and out on 1/2 second or less intervals just slow enough to see the icons change. Phone starts to get warm at this point so I've disabled LTE as I rarely am in a location that has LTE towers [/edit]

Thanks na7q, upon first update the ram is reported as 976M, camera doesn't record video ( crashes ) and stock gallery can't playback more than 2 seconds of video before claiming it _cant_ perform video playback.

I then flashed what I had thought to be a different rom, turned out to be the same one just linked from another source, ram now reports correctly and the camera/video issue persists. This isn't a *terrible* issue for me...

it's left me considering attempting to build a a serranoltexx OctOS for kicks and giggles.

Edited by gehidore