Sign in to follow this  
Antykain

Bricked EM?

So, I've been using my old Electrify M solidly for about 1 1/2 yrs or so without any major issues. Last week, my EM locks up and I reset it. After which the EM is stuck at the initial load/boot-up screen shown below:

a8ura7e2.jpg

I've tried to reset the EM multiple times with the same result. I then tried to go into the boot menu, which I was able to, but none of the options worked there as well. Tried the Recovery option and got the result shown below:

atysysy6.jpg

I took the EM to the local US CA store and they tried to do a factory restore on it as well. No dice there either. I fear the EM is bricked..

Anyone know of a way to get the EM back to any working order? I am looking into rooting if it's possible in its current state. I've since upgraded to a Galaxy S4 and just looking at what options are available for the EM, if any, besides being a paperweight.

Not even sure if the root option can work being I can't access anything on the EM atm. Maybe someone has a trick I can learn... ;)

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

If you were able to get into the "boot menu", did you try "fastboot"?  If you can get to fastboot, RSD-lite back to stock might be an option.  This would wipe everything on the phone though.

I've tried the fast boot options previously, along with the safe mode, both a no go for the EM. Wish there was a way to force access to the phone via USB cable, but even that will not allow access to the phone contents.

I am not worried about anything stored on the phone currently.. I actually am trying to completely wipe the EM, if I can.

☆ Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk Pro ☆

Same thing happened to mine last year. Was totally bricked. Took to local tech and they couldn't do anything, USCC was going to make me send it in and be without it for a month, but I complained and threatened to leave so they sent a replacement.

Same thing happened to mine last year. Was totally bricked. Took to local tech and they couldn't do anything, USCC was going to make me send it in and be without it for a month, but I complained and threatened to leave so they sent a replacement.

Luckily I was just able to upgrade over to a GS4.. didn't have to go through anybody that. US USCC was wanting to send my EM in for replacement. I've heard the stories of how long it can take for this process, in 'some' cases. Didn't want to deal with all that as I needed a phone immediately. Work...

Even tho I'm not all that impressed with the GS5, still wish my phone would have waited a bit more to 'brick' until the GS5 was released. lol

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk Pro