Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy(WI)

Google Wallet works now?

I haven't turned mine on for quite a while as I keep it for a spare but I was surprised when I turned it on and a google wallet update was available for it.

I could have missed the previous topic but a search only brought up the last soak test I was involved with, it had no google wallet that I know of

Indeed it does.  Google changed their policy whereby any device can install the app, but only certain ones can use tap-to-pay.  See this article for more information about what works and what doesn't.

How does that tap and pay work exactly? Do you need to be in Google wallet then tap like your transferring files between devices or is there some trick to it?

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

I believe it uses NFC or something. You basically have a NFC enabled "register" or whatever device. Maybe I'm wrong I'd have to Google it. Ironic... lol.

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

Yes. NFC at participation locations. Which is a lot of places. Just have wallet open. Tap the machine and you're done. Very neat and useful.

Sent from my real Moto X using Tapatalk

Does the EM have the secure element chip to support tap and pay?

I have wallet on my Note2 but haven't used tap and pay since there are only a couple places that have the needed equipment.  

Using the tap-to-pay with my GS4 almost daily locally where I live. . Part of everyday life now.

Also have the Google Wallet Mastercard debit card that I am using these days..

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by Antykain

Does the EM have the secure element chip to support tap and pay?

I have wallet on my Note2 but haven't used tap and pay since there are only a couple places that have the needed equipment.  

Starting with kitkat, wallet uses host card emulation and no longer needs the secure element. I think it's a bit of an FU to Verizon, ATT, and TMO who have blocked it's use in support of their stupid Isis program. 

If the razr m is getting it there's no reason you wouldn't.

Sent from my law defying Moto X using Tapatalk