Sign in to follow this  
chevy454

Move app to sd?

My mom has a Motorola Electrify M...she keeps getting the out of storage message, so I tried to do an app-->sd move but it doesn't seem available int he settings, and both apps I've downloaded say that the sd card is either "emulated" or that the app "share the same disk with the os".

Any help with this?

Do you have app2sd?

There's a free and a paid, have you also gone into app manager and looked to see if there's an option to move them?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

This is the screen you're looking for:

pu5a6y2u.jpg

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

I think there was a change to the Android file system that eliminated the ability to move an app to the SD card, especially with apps that weren't made for the android version the EM had.  There were a lot of discussions on it a year ago

Ya, I first tried from the app manager, but theres no move to sd option like on my mesmerize...so I tried a few different apps and they acted like I didn't even have an sd card.

She took it to a uscc store and they said they fixed it for her, but I looked and it appears all they did was move her media files to sd.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

On a different note, I hope they fix the "insufficient storage available" bug that has been plaguing this device for a while now. It pisses me off having to uninstall an app first just to update it.

Also; if you try to install a new app, it will give you the same message but if you do a reboot of the phone and try again it magically downloads the app fine.

Hopefully this gets fixed when we get KitKat but at this point no telling when that will be.

Edited by crimpshrine