Sign in to follow this  
HikingMoose

I've got some personal news!

So I'm going to do it. I'm going to ask my girlfriend to marry me. I've already asked her father the retired police officer and got the ring built and have it in the gun safe. Going to do it Monday. Wish me luck.

post-4507-139499572587_thumb.jpgpost-4507-139499574768_thumb.jpg

For anyone familiar with diamonds, it's an F SI1 triple X cut (colorless, ideal cut, no inclusions visible). Half carat.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk

Good Luck! Been with my wife for 15yrs. And wouldn't change it for anything in this world.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

Yeah. I wish I could say I was super excited. But we've both been previously married and both had bad divorces. So it's not really that big if a deal. Lol. The relationship is very different than any I've had, so let's hope the marriage is better lol.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

DONT DO IT!

Just kidding.

Congratulations! Just went down this same path just under a year ago. Its a very exciting time!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Good luck! I am on my second time now as well so don't feel bad. June will make 1yr. Just had our first kid on march 1st. Couldn't be happier.

Can I plan the bachelor party?

Now for legal reasons, the judge says that I can't be there, but that can stop me from helping plan the most epic bachelor party ever.

( not even a joke, the only arrests on my record were as a result of the last bachelor party I planned)

Great story if ya wanna hear it...

(No sarcasm, it was literally the 2nd best day of my life)

Ok... Its not bad at all, just a...bad set of circumstances.

Ok, so as the best man, my duty was to plan the party (duh) - and I first established the "rules" set by the bride to be.

Meaning what is/is not allowed to go down at said party -standard procedure.

Anyway, the party went great, I'll spare you the party details because how it went sour had nothing to do with the party itself.

As the best man I take responsibility for the party. The people, their safety, and ensure the happiness of the groom.

At around 1:45am the "hard" friends, those of us who can marathon a kegger and just not stop, were just starting to tap the second keg when I couldn't find the groom to be.

2 story house the we pratically grew up together in, he was nowhere to be found.

I am looking in places I'd never imagine he would get into, and after what seemed like 20 minutes I see cherries and blueberries (cops) in one of the windows by the front door.

Then I saw where that little s**thead had been...

He was out front, on the street, directing traffic - on a VERY busy 4-lane 4-way stop - ...directing TRAFFIC, with two of the groomsman. Apparently they had been outside for a smoke, and saw that some people were having a hard time figuring out that it's a RED blinking light 4-way stop, not a red/yellow/green light - everyone stops, everyone goes in the order they arrived, it's NOT THAT HARD but it's very busy...

now, you need to know that between the four of us (groomsman) we could fairly easily close down a bar without losing the ability to convince you that we were sober, we've had our fair share of lager drinks - but none the less, cops didn't think he needed to be directing traffic.

In my panic to avoid HIM going to jail, I was FAR more sober than he was, and I went out on the street and explained to the officers that he wasn't to blame and that traffic was in desperate need of attention by a trained eye - and that I could take his place since it couldn't be *that hard*.

"I got this gentleman, no need for police assistance, step aside rookies" - that's how the arresting offices quoted me on the report.

I began to assure them I had it under control. I was now directing traffic.

Fast forward an hour.

Were in the popo station, I blew 0.07 (I could drive, legally) he blew a 0.10, we weren't that drunk, if you knew us, you wouldn't have been able to tell.

Anyway, I got cuffed for "interference with official acts" he got public intox, but we both walked out that night since we weren't "obviously" drunk or driving.

The charges were dropped and we had to pay a penalty.

Wow... Writing it out is a lot less funny than I thought it would be. It was hilarious - and harmless (since we directed traffic as the lights indicated) no harm done.

Plus, if it went all "hangover 4" on us, I wanted to be the one missing at the wedding, NOT the groom. The bride, she would have ripped my sack off and fed it to the dogs - so if it went really bad I didn't want the groom to be the missing friend at his own wedding.

Wow. Interesting. I like how you called the cops rookies and told them to step aside. You'd get shot in Maine if you did that lol. We have such a low violent crime rate (we have plenty, but the cops never get there until after), that if someone resists or has a knife or anything - they shoot. Literally. We have several police shootings in the last 5 years in ways that big city Boston or NY cops would have handled different.

I don't plan to have a party to be honest. I don't like strippers and don't have any friends that would want to party.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk

Edited by HikingMoose

Never seen Hot Rod, so I probably wasn't quoting it. Just stating a simple fact!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk