BestOfNebraska

Need with help with S4.

I rooted my phone following a thread in here and all worked out good until I installed a few of the things I was told to, I went to reboot the phone and it took forever and won't get passed when the Samsung Logo comes up and that is all that comes up it won't go passed that it just turns off, I then tried to flash it over back to the stock rom and and after it was finished flashing it showed US Cellular and the other things it's suppose to show but stops and Samsung again and sits there for a while and then turns off, any ideas on what to do to fix this? I really hope it's nothing major.

I rooted my phone following a thread in here and all worked out good until I installed a few of the things I was told to, I went to reboot the phone and it took forever and won't get passed when the Samsung Logo comes up and that is all that comes up it won't go passed that it just turns off, I then tried to flash it over back to the stock rom and and after it was finished flashing it showed US Cellular and the other things it's suppose to show but stops and Samsung again and sits there for a while and then turns off, any ideas on what to do to fix this? I really hope it's nothing major.

We need more info on what exactly you flashed, and how you flashed it, if you know what I mean.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Download odin, and a fully stock odin firmware, use it, and you're back to stock.

Use this:

http://teamuscellular.com/Forum/topic/4977-mf5-mja-odin-with-walk-through/

Use whatever firmware you WERE on before you flashed the rom.

the stock files are in the "Stock Files" thread in the dev section.

I have the stock firmware already, do I use MF5 or MJA or both? 

What firmware were you on when things went sour?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry but I don't think I know all I know of is that I installed the "Baked" custom rom, I think what went wrong was maybe the Chronic Kernel I tried to install.

I'm sorry but I don't think I know all I know of is that I installed the "Baked" custom rom, I think what went wrong was maybe the Chronic Kernel I tried to install.

Which version of TouchWiz (stock firmware) were you on before rooting and ROMing?  Were you on the most up-to-date system?  Or, conversely, we can determine this by how long ago you rooted and/or if you remember the last time you took a system update before rooting.

Which version of TouchWiz (stock firmware) were you on before rooting and ROMing?  Were you on the most up-to-date system?  Or, conversely, we can determine this by how long ago you rooted and/or if you remember the last time you took a system update before rooting.

I was on 4.4.2 and I just rooted yesterday.

I was on 4.4.2 and I just rooted yesterday.

4.4.2 TouchWiz?  As in not whatever version the ROM was that you flashed, but the version you were on before messing with the phone.

If that's the case:

You'll need the NAE (or NAB? or... something else? I don't have an S4 so someone chime in).  You can't use MJA (4.3) nor can you use anything older [MF5 (4.2.2), etc.  they're in alphabetical order].  Trying to do so will render the device inoperable.

Yes I have already tried flashing it back to stock and it is stock as the "Baked" loader doesn't appear no more but it won't boot all the way up past the Samsung logo.

Yes I have already tried flashing it back to stock and it is stock as the "Baked" loader doesn't appear no more but it won't boot all the way up past the Samsung logo.

Did you use NAE?  If you tried to use an older version of the stock firmware, this can render the device inoperable with varying amounts of difficulty required to get it working again.

What all have you done with the phone since rooting it?  The more information you can provide, and I mean even the smallest and most tedious of details, the more likely I or anyone else will be able to help with your situation.

It's likely fixable.  But without knowing what's wrong (which we can determine with a detailed step by step recount including links to the files you used etc.), it's pretty hard to fix.

Okay I followed gr33nd3vil's thread on how to root my phone, and did everything he said other than use PAC and I didn't use the CrossBreeder which was needed exactly on how he said, should I make a video trying to flash it back to stock?

We just helped Nebraska in chat. I think your process of booting into recovery wasn't quite 100% quite right. I believe he said it's fixed now.