MattO

Multi AOSP/CM/AOKP ROM Discussion Thread (flashaholics)

We know! Lol. But what if we want a phone with features? The nexus has development, but little else. I just wonder if phones in the future will have any development.

I disagree in the the Nexus doesn't have features. I mean yes no removable battery or SD card slot. But honestly with having a 64gb phone its not as bad as I thought it'd be. I do miss having the removable battery but I have a charger almost everywhere I go and instead of running a full day on a charge I just keep it topped up ever few hours. It's not that bad.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

So features are now being described as removable batteries and sd card slots?

A lot of devices are going that route now, no sd card slots and no removable batteries, flagship devices such as the Samsung S6 and S6 edge... So does that mean the S6's are featureless? Or any device without the removable battery or an SD card slot for that matter....

;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk and not requiring a separate data plan to the tablet

Arguably the Nexus 6 has some of the best features on the market, biggest being it supports all US carriers.

Regardless we're way off topic lol.

Edited by Zenzr

Dirty unicorns is running good

I thought it was running good too but the battery life seemed to be worse than slimlp. So I went back to slimlp.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk.

I wanna use a more featured ROM, but ironically, they don't have the customizable NavBar like Slim's. I care more about that than battery. Lol. Fusion is the only other one with it, but it's always causing me problems.

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

A lot of devices are going that route now, no sd card slots and no removable batteries, flagship devices such as the Samsung S6 and S6 edge... So does that mean the S6's are featureless? Or any device without the removable battery or an SD card slot for that matter....

;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk and not requiring a separate data plan to the tablet

So if SD support, removable batteries, IR blaster and ask the other stuff they can do are NOT features.... what is a feature? Your definition must be different than mine.

If choosing between two phones, and one can do WAY more stuff that's important to me, than I'll choose that. Period. Regardless of whether you think they're features. Lmao.

I use my phone for music and picture. I have movie trailers I've filmed, so I can show people. I don't have access to the cloud often and don't have a lot of data anyway. So SD cards are important. To me it's a feature. And I also use my phone to control my TV and cable box regularly. Almost daily. So that is an important non-fearure too.

Argue all you want, I'll still be right in the end! Lol

Du has customizable navbar

I don't think they do to the extent Slim does - all five buttons full size with long-press options, from what I remember. Gravitybox could take care of the second feature, but wasn't very smooth. I'll have to dual boot it and check again. So far, Slim's performance is making me miss Fusion's features much less.

;)

So if SD support, removable batteries, IR blaster and ask the other stuff they can do are NOT features.... what is a feature? Your definition must be different than mine.

If choosing between two phones, and one can do WAY more stuff that's important to me, than I'll choose that. Period. Regardless of whether you think they're features. Lmao.

I use my phone for music and picture. I have movie trailers I've filmed, so I can show people. I don't have access to the cloud often and don't have a lot of data anyway. So SD cards are important. To me it's a feature. And I also use my phone to control my TV and cable box regularly. Almost daily. So that is an important non-fearure too.

I will agree but as the trend goes more and more devices do not have those items so the new devices are lacking features... Hence my reasoning for calling them features.

To me a feature is the processor, the ability to data and voice at the same time, which by the way fewer devices are able to do it, the camera is a feature, the front facing dual speakers are features, screen quality is a feature, etc...

I don't do music, if I do I use tunein and listen to my favorite radio stations so no need to store music. I have pictures and videos galore, having a five year old in tball we have been increasing the videos. But then again we have a terabyte of cloud, plus 2 more with the home cloud if needed, that we access all the time. So to me the SD card is not required, been without a device that took one for two years now with my Moto x and its 16gb... Removable battery, the wife with her Samsung device which can take a different battery hasn't had the need to use one and she games quite a bit on her device and my Moto x well we know that is not removable.

So all be it they are features but to me they are not. We have been without and doing just fine. Ooh and we have yet to break over our 5gb a month each with everything we do. I even had the latest avengers movie in digital format on my x at one point while I was trying to watch it... Didn't have to shuffle anything around either to have it on my measly 16gb device...

As far as winning a debate, moose, you can claim that from the president's throne. I could give a rats butt less but thought you deserved a rebuttal. And we all need to remember that what we read on the internet is 110% real and true and that EVERYONE is entitled to their own comments and beliefs and opinions. ;)

Oh and read my post again moose, I think it was misinterpreted. I was saying once again that flagship devices like the Samsung s6 do not have removable batteries it sd card slots so are they featureless? With more and more devices going away from those two items are they going to be featureless? I think the nexus 6 with its lack of sd card and removable battery is quite full of many features...

My apologies everyone for being off topic... ;)

Edited by dBuster

;)

I will agree but as the trend goes more and more devices do not have those items so the new devices are lacking features... Hence my reasoning for calling them features.

To me a feature is the processor, the ability to data and voice at the same time, which by the way fewer devices are able to do it, the camera is a feature, the front facing dual speakers are features, screen quality is a feature, etc...

I don't do music, if I do I use tunein and listen to my favorite radio stations so no need to store music. I have pictures and videos galore, having a five year old in tball we have been increasing the videos. But then again we have a terabyte of cloud, plus 2 more with the home cloud if needed, that we access all the time. So to me the SD card is not required, been without a device that took one for two years now with my Moto x and its 16gb... Removable battery, the wife with her Samsung device which can take a different battery hasn't had the need to use one and she games quite a bit on her device and my Moto x well we know that is not removable.

So all be it they are features but to me they are not. We have been without and doing just fine. Ooh and we have yet to break over our 5gb a month each with everything we do. I even had the latest avengers movie in digital format on my x at one point while I was trying to watch it... Didn't have to shuffle anything around either to have it on my measly 16gb device...

As far as winning a debate, moose, you can claim that from the president's throne. I could give a rats butt less but thought you deserved a rebuttal. And we all need to remember that what we read on the internet is 110% real and true and that EVERYONE is entitled to their own comments and beliefs and opinions. ;)

Oh and read my post again moose, I think it was misinterpreted. I was saying once again that flagship devices like the Samsung s6 do not have removable batteries it sd card slots so are they featureless? With more and more devices going away from those two items are they going to be featureless? I think the nexus 6 with its lack of sd card and removable battery is quite full of many features...

My apologies everyone for being off topic... ;)

iPhone beats all...said no one ever lol

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

I know all devices are going the way of iPhone and Motorola. That's what bothers me the most. I hate that only a handful of manufacturers will still offer what the consumed wants - utility. They obviously make way more money selling phones with limited storage and no way to replace the battery after a year of overcharging.

I get it. But that doesn't mean I have to like it. I love the idea of the Nexus line. But I hate the size. As someone who uses their phone as a phone first and foremost, a 7" tablet is just too big. I hike and mountain bike, as well as do wildlife photography. I can't have a giant, heavy, phone in my pocket. Is uncomfortable (even with huge pockets).

This has gotten way off topic, of whether or not all non nexus devices will continued to see diminished development. That's all I was wondering, was do people think development will keep drooping off due to the sheer number of devices and how quickly they become obsolete?

I'm going to say they other way. I think with phones coming out that support most (if not all) us carriers we'll see more development hopefully.

For THAT one single tablet.

Not what I meant, I mean with what seems to be the trend of phones support most US carriers (see the S6 and Nexus, hopefully the Note 5) that we will see more development. 

There's a new saber build up. I'm gonna pass on flashing unless I hear it's amazing cuz the build I'm running has very minimal issues

Official stock Lollipop has been released for our device. It's only 5.0.1 though. Here's the link:

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SCH-R970/

The build date says May 28th on the site...Does that mean they didn't fix any bugs since the initial release of this to other carriers?

Edited by TheLegend

Model SCH-R970

Model name GALAXY S4

Country USA

Version Android 5.0.1

Changelist 4984298

Build date Thu, 28 May 2015 08:17:22 +0000

Product code USC

PDA R970TYUGOE2

CSC R970USCGOE2

Official stock Lollipop has been released for our device. It's only 5.0.1 though. Here's the link:

The build date says May 28th on the site...Does that mean they didn't fix any bugs since the initial release of this to other carriers?

Also this thread is for AOSP not Lollipop. :D

I posted it in the other thread and I'll add it to the stock files.

Also this thread is for AOSP not Lollipop. :D

I posted it in the other thread and I'll add it to the stock files.

Well as dead as it's been on here may as well let it go lol