MattO

Multi AOSP/CM/AOKP ROM Discussion Thread (flashaholics)

4 hours ago, Coolasice said:

Using textra, working fine

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

It worked! I wonder why it only works with textra? Weird. Also, gesture typing isn't working for me.

Sorry for asking something so amateur, but I wanna be sure. Is it possible to flash a jfltexx Rom for our model? I understand now some won't for security reasons in TWRP. But if one does, would I need to do any more? Flash a different kernel?

Edit: Just getting restless after seeing Turbo and RR almost getting built for us, and very few other options.

No, it wouldnt work to flash any rom for any other model.

It can be ported/converted - but youd have to wait for that to be done, it's not an easy process.

Does anyone still rock this phone. Loving mine8933ebe4221be35fb0a4c086abcb8c06.jpg30991eb9ac496fe6a87e0c636002cf31.jpg

You have N on your S4? Where's that at? I might update mine, even though I only use it as a remote lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Tried it twice last night. Can't seem to get open Gapps to work. Play services stop even trying to activate or use any Google apps. But if you skip it, everything else seems OK.

No luck still. I'll try some other Gapps later. Might need to use the included ones. Cause the 3 open Gapps I've tried, haven't worked.

Weird. Can't get it to work. Gapps issues each time. It is ARM right, and not ARM 64? 7.1 GAPPS? I don't know what's going on, I've never had this happen in all my years lol.

Hopefully you say it's ARM 64 which would explain it. Otherwise, I'm at a loss.

2 hours ago, HikingMoose said:

Weird. Can't get it to work. Gapps issues each time. It is ARM right, and not ARM 64? 7.1 GAPPS? I don't know what's going on, I've never had this happen in all my years lol.

Hopefully you say it's ARM 64 which would explain it. Otherwise, I'm at a loss.

For your S4? or 6P? 6P is arm64 and not arm. 

I'm on 7.1 with my S5 right now (ignore signature).

Make sure you're installing Pico or nano gapps, and they have to be installed with the 7.1 rom on the first boot. Like wipe system then install both at same time.

There is an issue with standard gapps and above I believe, breaks something in 7.1 cm roms

Sent from my SM-G900R4 (klteusc) running CM13 11.13.16 with xposed

Thanks guys. Last night I did try the pico Gapps, and they worked, but none of the other bigger packages work (stock, full, aroma). Weird. It's working now. Pretty smooth considering the processor.

Cm modified a lot of the basic gapps to include special functions, so if you overwrite them with a big gapps it can cause crashes (at least I think I read that's the problem)

I want to say specifically it was the webview component that does it on 7.1

Sent from my SM-G900R4 (klteusc) running CM13 11.13.16 with xposed

I had two people tell me it's because the system is too small and can't have that much written to it. Weird thing is, I wasn't installing all that many. Oh well, she's up and running and pretty darn nice. I love 7.1, it's the best Android I've experienced so far (for smoothness and battery life).

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Isn't it amazing what a speed boost cm14 has been? Boot times and general system snap are like nothing I've had

Sent from my SM-G900R4 (klteusc) running CM14 12.04.16

Soooo.  Can any of you help me figure something out.  I can want to flash the Nagash MIUI 7 build for I9505, but it fails due to error 7. Is it safe to flash I9505 stuff on our phones?  I don't use it as a phone anymore, it's just something to play around with at the house on wifi.  I was able to flash miui 7 directly from xiomi for the sprint S4 without issue.  But everyone says that Nagash's buld is better.  

Anyway to flash it to our phones?