weberr90

LG G3 Discussion

I was at Radio shack who is the local U.S. Cellular dealer for my town yesterday. I asked about new phones. She said she didn't know anything about LG phones but knew about some new Samsung phones coming out. She said the release date was Oct. 19th. Take that for what it's worth.

I think you need to find a new person to buy your phones from. She clearly has no clue on what's going on. N4 is being released on the 17th, this has been announced and plastered all over the place. USCC also officially announced the G3, so the fact that she doesn't know anything about it tells me she does not know what she is doing.
I never said I was there getting a phone there. I just said I was there and asked about the phone. Maybe I misunderstood what date she said. Like I said at the end of my previous post take it for what its worth.

The N4 is the 17th, right? So it's either gonna be a simultaneous launch that might hurt Samsung sales (doubtful) or at least a week later. I'll laugh when it is released on Oct 31, just barely in the constraints of "launches in October"

Congratulations! You made me laugh and feel sad all at once.

Omg, even the banner ads are mocking us...

TB0lEIF.jpg

"...and US Cellular customers 4 months from now."

Edited by Kablooey_Louie

I'm still up in the air about this phone. Due to reception and battery life concerns. When the S5 probably would crush it in both regards. But the S5 I've used was very choppy, and bugged me. So the G3 should be smoother. I just don't know what to do!

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk

I'm just pretty much over Samsung all together when it comes to cell phones after the s3 issue and then the fact that I had to get a note 3 replacement. Now my samsung plasma that's a different story they can make a great TV just don't put a cellular antenna in it. The design of the screen and bezel on the g3 just looks so clean.

I've gone back and forth on so many phones and to wait or not to wait.....if this doesn't release soon I'm liable to just give up using cell phones all together....was researching some CM for the g3 and as of now, no luck. So stock better be good

I've gone back and forth on so many phones and to wait or not to wait.....if this doesn't release soon I'm liable to just give up using cell phones all together....was researching some CM for the g3 and as of now, no luck. So stock better be good

Hear ya there some days I consider going back to etching into stone or cans and strings!

You sir are the finest arteest I've ever met!

I read that in a French accent...

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

That's how it was supposed to be read. Good job man

Is the reception issue device all together issue or just certain phones?

I have a 1st gen x and someone else I know also had a 1st gen x and we can be side by side both stock not rooted both on USCellular and I have no signal issues and he does... That is why I ask if it is all the g3's or just some of them.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Coming from me having a G3 on Verizon, the signal is pretty good IMO, only spots that I have issues is out in the middle between two minor cities in which almost no coverage is there for any carrier. Now Idk if this is just Verizon or it's due to the G3, but there is some voice call distortion once in a while. 

One main issue that Verizon owners of the G3 have is they cannot switch from Dalvik to ART, causes the phone to blow up with FC's. From what I've read no one else on other carriers have this issue.

Battery life, for me before I got the G3 I was running with a Note 3, battery life I have to say is fairly good, with the 4k screen res it can eat the battery if you are pushing it. If you are using it general use w/auto-bright, my avg screen times are 4-8 hours a day and I could get at least 10-14ish hours out of the battery before it reaches 15% and lower. 

I usually browse ifunny, check snapchat, facebook and mostly text more than call.

Lastly, LG apparently has thrown a curve ball with unlocking the bootloader on this phone. Most carriers I believe are still looking for a unlock for the bootloader, ATT/Verizon are both big ones that have not received it yet. Also Verizon has yet to release even one update to the G3 making us a couple version behind (don't know if it's because they are waiting on us to break the bootloader)

I would put the G3 up against any of the other devices out there as far as reception from what I have seen.. I know for a fact it works better than the F7. ;)