SiKWoN

GPS never works on non touchwiz rom

I have installed so many 4.4 roms and for some reason non of them I am able to connect to gps satellites. GPS works perfect on touchwiz. I am sick of touchwiz roms because the lack of customization. I tried the GPS Toolbox and still not getting anywhere.

I am running 4.4.2 Commotio-B65. Is there a fix that I am missing?

Yes.  On a TouchWiz based ROM, obtain a GPS lock (Google Maps works for this).  While the GPS is locked (showing the correct location), pull the battery, boot to recovery, wipe and flash the AOSP ROM.  It will get a lock  now.

Are you on the S3 or S4?  My S3 hasn't had this issue since 4.2 came out, but the S4 seems to have this problem a lot more often.

Edited by BoгИX

I am running the note 2 right now. Will flashing to tw and restoring my 4.4 backup work as well?

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

Yes.  On a TouchWiz based ROM, obtain a GPS lock (Google Maps works for this).  While the GPS is locked (showing the correct location), pull the battery, boot to recovery, wipe and flash the AOSP ROM.  It will get a lock  now.

Are you on the S3 or S4?  My S3 hasn't had this issue since 4.2 came out, but the S4 seems to have this problem a lot more often.

Exactly what BoгИX states - leave Maps running with a lock and pull the battery - do NOT stop the app when you pull the battery.  Once you're on AOSP, you should not need to do this when you update or change AOSP ROM's.

So if I understand, as long as location is locked with maps still open and I pull the battery I should be able to restore my 4.4 backup and have gps fixed?

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

Technically, yes.  I can't remember if I did it that way or not, but it should work.  If it doesn't, restore a TW backup, get a lock, battery pull, then start fresh with a wipe and flash.  That method is guaranteed. 

Lock GPS on TW with the Maps of GPS Status, pull battery, boot to recovery, restore AOSP nandroid. Mission completed. Should work fine from there on and errbody else said!

Well of course I went back to tw and lost data and signal and phones stuck at activating. When i go back to cm or tw

What carrier phone? What Odin file you using? Have to ask, because I've never heard of losing vitals after Odin.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Edited by HikingMoose

Well of course I went back to tw and lost data and signal and phones stuck at activating. When i go back to cm or tw

Sounds like you're possibly having the roaming issue? If so. Simple fix. Must be fixed in AOSP (CM is best). Add then toggle the RUIM/NV to RUIM. *228

Yeah i odin back to stock and got the mobile network not available. Then i flashed a cm rom and it doesnt get past the setup options in the beginning. Sits at activating and cant go any farther.

Edited by SiKWoN

Yeah try that. It's been a fix for similar issues for a while. I've just never had to do it yet.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Edited by HikingMoose

How do you get to the RUIM/NV to RUIM setting. Nowhere to be found in mobie network settings. I feel like a newb right now

Got it working everybody. Forgot its a hidden option on the note 2. Now back to getting GPS to work lol

GPS is easy. Do the battery trick! Then we shall all retreat back into our caves.... mwuahahah.......