Sign in to follow this  
Evil John

Error messages: keyboard has stopped; settings has stopped

So my wife's stock EM started acting up yesterday. When trying to use the keyboard, would get a "android keyboard has stopped" error message, & when trying to get to settings, would get a "settings has stopped" error message. After talking to uscc tech support, did a factory reset & wiped it. Got the keyboard error the moment we tried to use a keyboard for the registration screen.

Long story short, they are shipping us a replacement. Anyone else seen this?

Also, they are shipping us the replacement based on information in the system which claims we got the phone December of 2013,but that was when we used her equipment contract to replace my son's phone. We think we got her phone in 2012. Should we just smile and take the replacement? Well this screw up the warranty status of my son's phone?

I was quoted by 2 different techs that it was still under warranty.

Thanks

It shouldn't mess anything up since warranty is based on ESN, and if it were me, I'd probably just smile and leave it be.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

So after leaving it off for a day, she turned it back on, and was able to use the keyboard to set it up.

It still won't let her get to settings though. It says "Unfortunately, settings has stopped"

So I am still thinking of going through with the exchange.

As long as it doesn't mess up my sons phone warranty.

Yessir. I'd do the exchange. All warranties are still intact so no harm done either way.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk