doctorcaligari

KitKat 4.4.3 for Moto X delayed in favor of 4.4.4

Rumor is that the 4.4.3 update is delayed for most carriers as 4.4.4 fixed an OpenSSL bug, and Motorola would prefer to release it instead. Motorola says it might be 3-5 weeks before they have it ready for release, as they had to abort the rollout of 4.4.3 in the middle of testing. 

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/06/20/moto-x-droid-ultra-android-4-4-4-kitkat-update-breakdown/

Makes no sense since 2 of our carriers got 4.4.3...whatevers clever tho I guess.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Makes no sense since 2 of our carriers got 4.4.3...whatevers clever tho I guess.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Apparently, those two carriers made it through testing before 4.4.4 was announced. From the article, the other carriers were left hanging on 4.4.3 for a couple of weeks, with no word from Motorola as to what was going on (as they were under NDA). 

Still, the good news is that the Moto X will get 4.4.4 before anyone else (except the Nexus devices).

i guess i've been gone a long time. 4.4.4? didn't know there was anything beyond 4.4.2.

time to catch up soon!

4.4.3 was minor bug fixes for all plus Sprint Spark / T-Mobile Data fixes for Nexus devices and 4.4.4 was SSL fix.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Were almost always last. 4.4.4 isn't even my concern. 5.0 is what should be the concern.

4.4.4 isn't a major update.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Were almost always last. 4.4.4 isn't even my concern. 5.0 is what should be the concern.

4.4.4 isn't a major update.

Well, we're getting "L" aka "Lollipop" aka "5.0" as well. Screenshots with Moto rep confirmed yesterday.

Moto X, Moto G Android L 5.0 “Lollipop” Update Confirmed, Moto E Update Doubtful [Exclusive]

http://www.androidorigin.com/moto-x-moto-g-android-l-5-0-lollipop-update-moto-e/

I imagine they'll skip 4.4.4 if 5.0 is to come out soon. (I think it was fall, Sept. Oct. Maybe?)

If it is later than sooner I imagine they'll do both updates - either way just KNOWING it will get it is huge since idk if the S5 will with how slow they can be at rolling it out.

You can't trust the live chat people. Or phone. They'll make up anything to satisfy you. I'm sure we'll get it though. But it's at least several months off for the release of 5.0. So I'd think we'd probably get 4.4.4 before too long.

Sent from my real Moto X using Tapatalk

I imagine they'll skip 4.4.4 if 5.0 is to come out soon. (I think it was fall, Sept. Oct. Maybe?)

If it is later than sooner I imagine they'll do both updates - either way just KNOWING it will get it is huge since idk if the S5 will with how slow they can be at rolling it out.

Unofficially it will. ;)

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

It would seem that anyone with a Moto X on Verizon is getting the 4.4.4 update today, and this is no longer just the soak test peoples.

Removed the post. All good.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Edited by Zenzr

So T-Mo has 4.4.4, AT&T/Verizon have 4.4.4 (at least soak test invites went out a couple of weeks ago), and today Sprint's Moto X soak test invites are going out...so USC was first to 4.4.2, and coming up last to 4.4.4.  Any news from anyone on this front for USC's Moto X?

So T-Mo has 4.4.4, AT&T/Verizon have 4.4.4 (at least soak test invites went out a couple of weeks ago), and today Sprint's Moto X soak test invites are going out...so USC was first to 4.4.2, and coming up last to 4.4.4.  Any news from anyone on this front for USC's Moto X?

Maybe if we're last to 4.4.4, then we'll be among the first to 5.0!

Saw that AT&T was getting theirs to all devices yesterday, so we def are last.  It'd be great if we were first to 5.0, but I won't hold my breath.

All of Sprint's devices were getting it as of a few days ago, so I would hope that US Cellular would be next...Moto's site says that it is slated to receive 4.4.4, but when I've talked to them they say to contact US Cellular support...and of course doing that USC says that they have not received any information from Moto.

So... What do you suppose would happen if we, tuscc, purposefully banded together and ALL called in on one day (not at the same time, but in the same 4-5 hour period) and ALL ask where that update is for our device?

Do you think that if they suddenly, without warning, got 10k calls in one day asking the exact same thing, would they be forced to do *something*?